15 hours with no water?!?

ryffian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by the_food_lady

Do you know what causes that 'hollowed' look? You see it along their side, toward the lower back area.
I don't know (they didn't cover that phenomenon in vet school), but I'll try to find out!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten gets altered monday she can have water until we take her to the vet.
No food after 8 though.
It was the same with my other cats.
Also my vet uses disolving stitches.
Your vet should havd gave you info.
Mine always gives aftercare instructions.
I am glad your cat is ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bedweary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Iris thanks you for your concern!

She was kind of lethargic for close to 24 hours, from the anesthetic, I'd guess. She's pretty much back to her old self this morning. She got up with me when I made coffee and "yoooowled"* at me as usual. (*translation: It! Is! Time! To! Play!)

I think she was sore from the surgery and just didn't realize it until the meds wore off completely. She was on the couch, jumped down to follow me to the garage, and just stopped in her tracks for a couple of seconds. I think she then realized that she needed to take it easy for awhile. But she's been eating, having healthy bowl movements & urinary output. We played for awhile this morning and she's now napping as usual.

As for the vet, he and his technician are very nice people but I think they probably work more with larger animals. Dogs, horses, farm animals, and the occasional camel - there actually is someone within a mile of his office that has a camel! I see it sometimes with it's neck through the fence grazing (the grass is always greener on the other side, y'know). The surgery was cheap enough ($65.00 US & that included boarding and everything else) but the Dr. didn't even address a possible eye infection that I mentioned to the tech on two separate occasions. It's not severe and maybe not an issue at all, but still...

I think after he removes her stitches, we'll find a vet who is a little more understanding of "weird cat people"
. I can understand how a veterinarian might see my pet as "just another patient" but I'd also like to think that he understands how easily these cute little critters can steal a piece of their owner's hearts.

Thanks for your understanding. BR

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would find another vet also.
My Wrinkles had some hived before she was altered yesterday and they asked about them.
They asked so many questions.
She also was allowed water until we left for the vet.
My vet does uses disolvable stitches also not the kind that need to b removed.