14 year old twitching

Alleycat2007

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alley just turned 14 years old. Spayed. UTD on rabies, still needs her yearly vaccinations. She is 9.86lbs. Alley has taken up twitching . Just small things. She also seems to twitch way more in her sleep. Took her to the vet last week for blood work after she got disoriented attempting to vomit (staggered two steps and was yowling.) Blood work indicates she's healthy and vet asked if I knew if she was *actually 14* (she is, or at least nearly, kitten Alley joined me in May 2007) because of how good and healthy she is. She has arthritis, primarily in her back legs. (No x-rays done, confirmed by an old, rural vet.)

As of April 4, she takes Gabapentin, in addition to her Feloform vitamin. We moved from rural Indiana to Washington, DC in July 2020. I believe the twitch started in January. Never appears to bother or hurt her. Vet's comments on the blood work are also attached. Curious of folks have seen this before and if I should go the route of taking her to a neurologist.

Seems like her back legs are weakening and the twitching happened 24x in 10 minutes

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
When did this twitching happen and does it happen at the same time?
If it seems random throughout the day as opposed to after she gets up from a nap/sleeping, then it couldn't hurt to at least talk to a neurologist. It may even be helpful to get it on video if you can, as it can provide a wealth of information for the doctors that may be missed by just an explanation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alleycat2007

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When did this twitching happen and does it happen at the same time?
If it seems random throughout the day as opposed to after she gets up from a nap/sleeping, then it couldn't hurt to at least talk to a neurologist. It may even be helpful to get it on video if you can, as it can provide a wealth of information for the doctors that may be missed by just an explanation.
It seems to happen throughout the day but not while she's sleeping (though she does have twitch when she's in a deep sleep. Different kind.) I have a video!
Tried linking it when I posted, but it wouldn't work. This should. Thanks for the reply! I've been posting on FB Vet/Cat groups to no avail. I emailed the neurologist today (called first, but they're busy.)