14 year old felix vomiting after every meal

Coralcup

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm. Getting very concerned about felix. He's always been a cat who was sick 3 4 times a week, but the past 10 days after he's ate literally minutes later he vomits and it's like projectile vomit too. Not 1 pile of sick but several all. Over my bedroom carpet
He has arthritis otherwise sort from ear heametoma he's Been well

I rang the vets and got a receptionist who said they have no appointments this week and it's not an emergency and will ring me when a appointment is free

She told me to give him chicken and egg and take him off me loxicom

I. Did
No different. Poor lad is vomiting every time he eats
I'm. Worried about dehydration although I just saw him. At the water fountain
I'm. So upset, I'm. Not having any luck, what with Bruce, he goes vet Friday. Then after Whst happened to Toby and trudy I'm. Very stressed

Alsorts has been goimg through my mind
Receptionist said oh he's old prob thyroid or gastroenteritis

What if it's kidney failure?
Now I have to wait until they phone me
I can't take him at same time at Bruce they said as no double appointments

I. Fear both will be put down and I don't want that

Attachments

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat who would throw up nearly every time she ate, and after a course of tests and scans the vets found out it was IBD. In my case a drastic change in her diet fixed the issue. The vets told me to try novel proteins, and I bought some cans of monoprotein wet food and quickly found what the best for her was.

As for the ear hematoma, make sure it is what they said. I know two cats who were diagnosed with ear hematoma, then it was a different thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Coralcup

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He scrarches the ear until it bleeds. Said due to polyps. When I put drops in he goes crazy

He's been on same food ages. I. Hope it is only ibd and not kidneys failure
What is novel proteins
He's on grain free pate
He's been eating lidls own grain free pate and naturo pate, sometimes lily's kitchen

Never had an issue until now
No diahrhea

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat didn't have any issue before either, then she developed this IBD diagnosed via an US adbominal scan. Sometimes, feeding a cat always the same food, though high quality, can lead to a sensibilization of the bowel and hence to some digestive issues.
A novel protein is a protein that your cat never tried before. So, for instance, deer might be a novel protein if your cat never had it before. Feeding grain free food (both wet and dry) is a very good thing, because grains are among the main ingredients to cause bowel irritations.

I don't know the LIDL's pate food, but knowing the store brand, I doubt it is a high quality food. Lily's Kitchen is a top quality food, in my opinion, though my cats dislike it.

IBD or kidney failure can be easily diagnosed with a vet visit, but you mention that your vet does not have any available appointments soon. I might suggest you to call other vets or clinics and tell them it's kind of an emergency because a cat can't throw up every day and you are very much worried.

Coralcup

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I told the vets receptionist I'm. Worried. She says they will call me when an appointment is available

I'm. Going to feed him a different food later. See if that helps. I have blink which is a good food. Chicken in gravy
Just to rule out food intolerance
Worth a try
He might still throw it up
I do hope it's not a blockagehe never leaves my bedroom, sleeps a lot. He looks in fiid condition. Good clean coat no mats
I. Hope it's not cancer or kidneys as I've lost a few to that
He's 5 kilo s

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any other clinic that you can go to? I don't think this is something you can wait for too long.
Those foods that say chicken in gravy, tuna in jelly, etc, aren't chicken or tuna fish only. There's lot of other ingredients in it. That's why I was mentioning novel protein and monoprotein, so that you can rule anything out in the triggering those digestive issues.

Keep in mind that a single helping of a novel food might not give you an indication that you are on the right or wrong path.
And unless you have a sure diagnosis it might be pointless to switch to a new diet.

I know that in several countries there's this problem of not readily available appointments, and I fail to understand the reason behind this.
Where I live it is something that never happened to anyone.

Call around, there must be someone who is willing to visit your cat now.

Coralcup

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You have to be registered at a vets to get an appointment
Even the one I. Goto always say very busy or shortage of vets. It's crazy

I'm monitoring him closely. He's only sick when I feed him
Come on out of the blue

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just out of curiosity.
What if you just drop in a vet clinic saying that your cat is very sick, has been vomiting for a few days and you are worried?
Would they kick you out?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try a food that's not chicken or fish. Many kitties respond well to rabbit, venison, lamb, turkey, or duck. Sometimes duck can be problematic if the kitty is intolerant of chicken.

Ask the vet for anti-nausea meds as nausea can cause vomiting. Request they check pancreas and do a GI blood panel to check for IBD.

Coralcup

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will do yes. I think blood tests take a week to come back
He last was sick Sunday night small bit
I've took him off the lidl pouches and naturo

Tried him on scrumbles and blink
He's ate chicken this morning

Could it be a digestive issues

Coralcup

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm. Back from the vets with felix

It's a nasty tooth abscess!
I had no idea

He's had an injection of morphine and given antibiotics
He's to go back to see if swelling gone down next Wednesday afternoon. Then booked in for surgery to remove the tooth do blood s then and check it's not cancer
God I hope not

Said hes a good weight and looks in good condition