14-year-old cat throwing up every night after dinner, BUT bloodwork, urinalysis, and X-rays all came back 100% normal

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I was mixing it with food, but I reread the bottle and started administering it directly into his mouth. He HATES it, but I chase it with breakfast.
He had a really violent episode of vomiting last night. He projectile vomited, then got really anxious and ran while throwing up. I felt so bad and starting bawling for him.
The vet recommended getting an ultrasound as the next step. I'll call tomorrow to schedule.
I am really heartened to hear that Feeby is going on strong! I'm hoping for 25 years for all our kitty kritters!
His name is Dulce! We adopted him from someone who gave him up (HOW?!) when he was 3. He's been with us for 11 years now and is just a wonderful boy in every way. Our very first cat.
If he only eats 5 am and 8pm that is way too long for cats to be without food. There are food timers for canned food

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, because my cat is a senior and he seems to be losing weight dramatically (he's lost more than half a pound in two months), I almost want to just put him down. I am really tired of dealing with the puke EVERYWHERE and he doesn't seem to be happy.

Help me think of this differently. I really don't know what to do at this point
His age is 72 in human years. That’s not too old. If I were 72 and was puking from an undiagnosed issue, I definitely wouldn’t want to be put down. The way I see it senior animals should be cared for the same way we would want to be cared for in our senior years.

As it’s been said cats are supposed toe at small meals throughout the day for the best and easiest digestion. And it’s possible there is a food intolerance, or something is triggering a manageable problem like acid reflux, gastritis, etc