13 month old cat bites me :(

starbuck80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,My 13 month old female cat has always been prone to biting - she was our first ever cat and unfortunately we allowed her to play with our hands which I think made her more prone to biting. Since quite a young age, she has bitten me occasionally when I try to pick her up if she is in a place that she shouldn't be or if she's been in the garden and I want to take leaves off her. She never hisses or growls and the bite is more a warning but I really need some advice on how to stop her biting and how discipline her when she does. We've completely stopped playing with our hands and have learn't her 'triggers', so we generally leave her alone and let her come to us but there are occasions when I do need to touch/pick her up and her bitting really isn't justified. Any advice?P.s. we also have a 5 month old male who we've never played with our hands with and he never bites. Thanks!

kiranesh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most of the cat with that kind of behaviour that i encounter is that their human dont pay attention to them. He or she must know that he has a place or property in the house. Other thing also you need to play with him her using any cat toys.