12 year old - paw bends in?

Ebertr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet has never made it an issue and it doesn't seem to affect him at all but I am curious. He has a slight limp and his left paw bends at the joint and has for many years. I feel like with age, it has gotten worse. But no pain and doesn't effect his ability to play!
IMG_8658.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! What a handsome boy who does not look like he is a 12 year old! Your vet never said what this might be or offered an xray or diagnostic? Of course, there could be a good reason for this, as he may consider it to be something which is not a medical condition and does not want to run up a bill, etc. If you know that it was never an injury, that does rule out a number of issues. The fact that he limps concerns me; as cats are experts at hiding pain, he could certainly have discomfort in the leg but continues to work his way through it. If this is getting worse with age, I would ask the vet to do some diagnostic to figure out what this is, even an xray to start, as the pain may increase as time goes on. Something is going on, even if it is the way he was born, but he may need some help as he gets older.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What a handsome boy who does not look like he is a 12 year old!
I completely agree! :agree: He is positively gorgeous and reminds me a lot of my boy. I also agree that this should be further addressed with your vet. Have you mentioned that it has gotten worse with age to the vet? Since you said he is 12 yrs. old, has he had a senior exam?
It's possible his recent discomfort could be due to arthritis in his paw. This TCS Article discusses what to expect as your senior cat ages and might have some helpful information: https://thecatsite.com/c/what-to-expect-as-your-cat-ages
Best of luck and please keep us posted on his limp. :lovecat2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ebertr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! We do have a vet visit coming up in about a month so I'll discuss it then. I've tried googling to no avail. He's the best kitty and I want him to be happy!