12 year old male cat, surrey needs a home, has been with us for far too long :(

annat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Contact/organisation details: I am fostering for Furry Friends in Old Coulsdon. Please PM me on here or call Emma on 020 8407 1080/0797 356 9371.
Does the animal have rescue back up?: Yes
Number of groups:1
Group:1
Number of animals:1
Type/Breed/Variety: Scottish Fold Cat
Sex: male
Age(s): Approx 12 years old.
Name(s):Wilfred
Colours: Black
Neutered:Yes
Reason for rehoming: Saved from being euthanased after being found as a stray and assessed as too old to rehome. Wilfred is a cat flu carrier meaning that he cannot be vaccinated as it brings cat flu out in him. He therefore has to go as a housecat.
Will the group be split: N/a
Transport available: Within reason
Other: Wilfred does not like other animals, but adores children!

He loves children!

He is a very snuggly boy who has a great appetite. But scarred up, but so sweet and loving.

Please don't overlook him because of his age, colour or condition. He is such a lovely cat, he just wants cuddles and a full tummy <3

Wilfred has been with us for about 6 months now waiting for his forever home.

I just thought I would explain a little about his illness as it is likely to put people off.

Wilfred is on no long term meds. The only thing that he needs is a course of antibiotics if he becomes snotty which is only rare.

This lad has so much love to give and will repay his new owners in tenfold for giving him a loving home.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's so pretty, and his sideways ear reminds me of my tomcat's ear back in the 1960's. He'd been in too many fights, and the ear just couldn't take it anymore. Then we heard of a wonderful new treatment called "neuter the cat and he won't want to fight so much".

I hope this little guy finds a loving home...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Cat flu" - calicivirus or rhinotracheitis (feline herpes)? Sounds like the latter if he just gets a "snotty nose". Why not try pure L-Lysine supplement? My vet has me give it to all of my cats - one of them likely has FHV-1. It really seems to help and is highly recommended on here by people who have cats with these kinds of conditions.

500 mg in wet food every day really builds up the immune system.

He is a stunning boy - and yes - he needs a home, poor sweetie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

"Cat flu" - calicivirus or rhinotracheitis (feline herpes)? Sounds like the latter if he just gets a "snotty nose". Why not try pure L-Lysine supplement? My vet has me give it to all of my cats - one of them likely has FHV-1. It really seems to help and is highly recommended on here by people who have cats with these kinds of conditions.

500 mg in wet food every day really builds up the immune system.

He is a stunning boy - and yes - he needs a home, poor sweetie!
I will pass this on, however he has been vet checked

We have someone going to Leeds next Friday who is happy to transport, so get in touch if you are interested

annat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unsurprisingly Wilfred is still waiting for his forever home

annat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have transport going to Portsmouth on the 21st of this month. If anyone down that way can offer a home, please get in touch!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where abouts are you, you say Leeds, and Portsmouth but what country?

edit: Just googled, This kitty is based in the UK so any Brits know anyone that could help?

annat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Where abouts are you, you say Leeds, and Portsmouth but what country?

edit: Just googled, This kitty is based in the UK so any Brits know anyone that could help?
Yeah we are near London/Croydon. I know most people on here will have cats already, but please pass the word round to friends, family members and neighbors. He would suit an older couple so please bear this in mind, but would be equally happy with a younger family as he loves kids, this boy has been in rescue for too long!

annat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please dont be put off if you are far away. We will put out transport appeals to get him to the right home.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i can have an ask about some friends but unfortunatly are after kittens and in the northeast but i can stil ask

annat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

i can have an ask about some friends but unfortunatly are after kittens and in the northeast but i can stil ask
Its worth asking. Thank you

annat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately we are not able to appeal for transport for Wilfred now. This is because we have found out he does not travel well at all and becomes very stressed. He cannot be sedated because of his breathing problems. He is ok to go short distances, but he cannot go far.

annat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Now homed! Patience is a virtue