12 weeks old and acting lethargic.

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just curious but what from i can tell from your post, it almost seems like you're in Australia. If so, what state? Absolutely gorgeous kitten!

EDIT: I just went to your profile and you ARE in australia! Me too! Anyhow, the reason I asked what state is because you said you're on a disability pension. Here in Victoria, there is a Charity fund called Pet Medical Crisis Fund who help fund people on Centrelink benefits to save pets in emergency situations such as this and mine where if the owner has tried to come up with they can, the vet vet call the PMCF and put the case forward, they fund up to $1000 so that their pet can get the help they need. In turn for the charity, all they request is that you organise a small newspaper article promoting their cause. They are just simply wonderful and you can find them on Facebook to see the work they do!

Last edited:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is concerning, @rangeh.  I hope it's nothing serious. The only other thing that came to my mind is the possibility of an allergic reaction to the stitches.  

Let us know what the vet says. 

samnmag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My fingers and toes are crossed that this is something that can be easily dealt with.  Lilith is doing so well.  She certainly appears to be a pretty resilient little one and this definitely goes in her favour.  Give her a big snuggle for me.  Keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rangeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well! Good news my helpful and caring friends!

Lilith's bulge was significantly smaller this morning when I got up to check her and medicate her. Leading us to believe, and the vet confirmed he felt it was as well after hearing the update, either proud flesh or a suture reaction and that we are safe to wait it out and call him if we need him!

Lilith is screaming for breakfast and wants to climb and do everything. I felt around the bulge as well and was able to find the internal stitches, safe and sound from what it felt like, had my partner feel and check as well.

I believe we just had a paranoid parent spazzattack. I may have even missed her Meloxicam suspension on wednesday because I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed without throwing up :( I don't remember if I did it or not, I feel bad either way. But I am grateful she's alright and the vet perked right up when I told him that the bump had gone down. Some fluid even escaped it (that usual ew clearish color after surgery fluid, especially from licking a bit too much? I've had a loooot of dogs in my life thanks to the dog rescue my family used to run, so lot of spays and neuters) and it seems to have helped as well. She's happy, she's demanding, and now the mini-cat tree we ordered just before she got sick, has arrived and MAN does she want it! Can't wait for her to be play ready and safe to go! She's probably okay to play a bit, but NO risks!

samnmag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is such great news.  Nothing wrong with a paranoid spazzattack every now and again.  I can certainly say I have had a few.  I have found that one rule cats have is that if they have a wound, stitches, etc. it is their absolute right to bug it.   I can hardly wait until Lilith is free to play fully.  Just stand back!   She will love that mini cat tree.  I would tell you to explain to Lilith that she has to be patient before she can go wild but as we all know, she won't listen.  Best wishes and happy about your news.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I' m so happy to hear that she's okay! That's such good news! Please forgive me for going off track a bit, but I just realized that your Lilith reminds me of Yoda! It must me the ears. She looks like a furry ball of fun under ordinary circumstances, so I look forward to seeing the cat tree, and her playing with it. Bless you both. So glad she's okay, or will be soon.[emoji]128522[/emoji]

rangeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

rangeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everybody, remember our beautiful Lilith?

She's come a long way since her bout with intussusception and is such a big and beautiful girl now at just under eight months old! She is bright eyed, alert, and oh so incredibly loving. She has a voracious appetite, a commanding little voice true to her breed, and is the happiest little love this side of Australia!

We have moved to a quiet place in Armadale where she has free reign of the household with her brother and our a housemate's lovely cat, Finn. She has her choice of six massive windows to sun herself in and has many human admirers (our friends) that constantly argue over who will get her if my partner and I mysteriously vanish or pass away. We have stated that there will be joint custody between our two closest friends, one of whom is moving to New Zealand in a few years and that means 6 months with Aunt Angie in Australia, and Six months with Aunt Kwai in New Zealand. Lucky girl. But we aren't going anywhere anytime soon ;) Fun to joke around about though!

Lilith has has a professional photography session and did so well the studio would like to use her as a model from time to time and give us free prints of her shoots as thanks. She's going to be a supermodel in no time! Our gorgeous girl weighs about 2 kilos now, or about 3.5 pounds.

I want to thank you all again for chiming in and helping us out through that difficult time! The vets office that nearly killed her with their negligence is now sending bill collectors after us for the 160.00 we refuse to give to them for things they should not have charged for like the botched subcutaneous fluids (45.00!!) Meanwhile we are happily paying back her 1000.00 dollar life saving bill will diligence, even though we have to pay in such small increments.

Anyway, Thank you all!

We love you and so does Lilith!!!

samnmag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She looks so beautiful and happy.  I am so very very happy that everything worked out well.  There is nothing so rewarding as such a success story.

As for the vet who wants to be paid for their mess up, well, you could write a letter to the counsel or governing body that oversee vets and set out what exactly occurred and that perhaps a call to the media with the actual facts might be in order.

Big snuggle for Lilith and all the best. 

misspurrfect

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So happy for your happy ending. Also, kudos to you for fighting for your cat's health! 

rangeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another pop in with miss Lilith and co!

We received a feral kitten from a greasy mechanic shops dumpster here in Armadale, Western Australia and it's partially blind, has motor control issues, and sounds electronic when it trills and mews. He is a bit broken but absolutely a delight and Lilith has decided he is HERS and bullies everyone away from him so she has him all to herself. He is terrified of toys and she will rush to his aide to show him what fun the bell and feather ball teaser toy is, he's just learning how to batt lightly at it without falling over sideways. His name is TARDIS due to his tardy goodfiness and the electronic sounds he makes. But we just call him TARD.

Lilith now commandeers my car's dash when I go out for an evening ice cream cone at Macca's to share with her, she says HEWWO to the drive thru girls everytime and surprises them everytime, not everyday a Siamese says HELLO! to you at work. ;)

She has a nightly routine of cuddles on my lap with the dog beside the hearth and has recently begun to snore in the cutest way possible when she is in deep sleep :)

She has grown SO big and likes to stroll outside with my partner whenever he steps out for a cigarette, while he has a smoke she strolls around the front garden and rubs on the watermelons in the veggie patch (No idea why, but she LOVES those melons) and then comes right back in when he's done, sometimes with a bit of low key Mrwowing to protest, but every time! She is an amazing delight of a cat and I cannot wait to share the family professional shots we had done with her! Almost done paying them off ;)

I adore all of you here on this thread who stayed with myself and Lilith throughout the original ordeal of her sickness, without you all I would've gone out of my mind with panic and nobody to bounce it off of as both ym partner and I were equally distressed and upset.

Regardless, have some Lilith love!! <3

Lilith and her little TARD.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, how sweet just read over her story and it was very alarming. Glad to see that she is well now and she has a little buddy too. She's a beautiful cat.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks so good! I remember this thread and used to rush to see how your Lilith was doing. She is so big now, and so long!! Very glad she's got a pupil now. Tardis looks great in the pic, btw. And good luck with the photo shoots!!