12 week old kitten.. Trouble with food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissKitty722

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh and the vet would not give him anti nausea meds because he is only 12 weeks tomorrow. She said the meds are intended for kittens 14+ weeks so she didn't want to risk it given his low weight and age right now but if needed to she would use it off label.

MissKitty722

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

A little update on Gordon although not great. He has been eating and drinking fine since Wednesday. He still has runny poops but not as frequent. He still has no interest in play and is not grooming. He Just spends all day asleep.

I've bought him an extra litter box and and cat tree to make him feel more at home but he showed no interest in the tree at all.

He looks better than he did last Tuesday but he's just not interested in anything.

Could he in fact have FIP? Or is it depression? The rescue is coming to see him tomorrow afternoon and I am leaning towards letting her take him to see how he does.

I've done all I can for him at this point. :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m not sure what to tell you. It’s very puzzling, but a kitten who does not play and is not curious sounds like a kitten who is not well. Let us know how this turns out. I’m sorry for you and Gordon that things are not as they should be.

MissKitty722

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there

I just picked up one of Gordon's foster pals to see how he does. He seems better today. Playing and getting into things. Here's hoping!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So you have Gordon and another kitten now? Wonderful! I hope it works out! 😊

MissKitty722

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, 6 month old Olly. He lived with him in foster care So, Im hoping it works out!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Keep us posted! Maybe this is what Gordon needs! I’m chock full of hope!

MissKitty722

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Gordon has turned a corner. He and Olly are getting along well. Gordon has slowly begun to join play sessions and has not hid under the bed at all over the last 2 days. He is eating both dry and wet food with no issues.

He has gained weight over the last 2 days as well. I had a vet appt for tomorrow to check his weight but I rescheduled it for a later date so he can get his 2nd dose of Strongid since they have to check his weight for that anyway.

Olly is the sweetest. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can get them to cooperate LOL

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So good to hear they are getting along and that Gordon has turned the corner. It sounds like he needed a buddy after all! :redheartpump:

MissKitty722

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here are pics or my sweet boys who are doing amazing!