11 year old cat with kidney disease...

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think he is telling you, it is time, to let him go, only you can confirm this, but he sounds like he is ready to go.  I only say this because the exact same situation happened to Jake and me, in January, when I saw that "look" in his eyes, I knew, and he knew.  Let him go with dignity and no more pain, be with him at the vets when he leaves this dimensiion..

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just saw your post he is sleeping in the litter box.. yes, he is telling you, it is time to let go, I am so sorry truly and deeply , we are all here for you, whatever will transpire

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fathom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes. I told my husband this morning that we need to take him in tonight. I spent some time with him this morning. He couldn't even walk by himself. I helped him out of the litter box because he was trying when I called to him. I helped keep him steady and he layed in front of me. Very sad to see him like this. Thank you all for your support.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so so sorry for you. It's never an easy decision. Please know you've done what you could, and sometimes it's not enough. It's heartbreaking. I'll pray for you and him, please kiss him for me, and tell him it's all right. I wish we all could hug you.

whitney_conflict

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Letting a pet go is one of the hardest things to deal with. They are our friends and part of the family. They look to us to help them but when we can't anymore it is time to let them go. You have given your pet love and a good home over the years. He knows that. Please take comfort in knowing that others here feel your pain and are in sympathy with you. Take care and know that your cat had a very good life with you as his owner.

fathom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks all. We decided to wait until tomorrow so we can spend the night with him. I think after how he reacted this morning he would like that. He is weak but would move his head to look for me. So one more night together.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Letting him go is the greatest love you can show him. 

I'm so sorry he never improved, and that he declined so quickly once it got hold of him. 

fathom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am shocked how fast we got sick. I expected him to get better and for us to be able to maintain it like so many others.

cocodrea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Fathom, I just read your post and I am in tears. My heart is so broken for you. I'm so sorry.