11 mo old cat ...6 weeks pregnant...A few questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

steph422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you sarthur! I tried to tell her that . So grateful for the wealth of information here. I was able to get a few wts. The orange boys are Botha whopping 120g and the black (girls?) Are about 105

steph422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omg sorry to be so "needy" myself but Cali was with her kittens, tending to them, nursing well. Then she went downstairs....I was ok with that ...It had been 10 hrs.... Well now she just wants to lay with my daughter and won't lay with kittens? Help!

steph422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
May have answered my delimma: Since she's been sleeping solely with daughter the last week in case something happened, I guess that was comforting. Once I moved her nest there, she was content and nursing kittens so far ,so good. Crisis averted hopefully!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good she's nursing her kittens again, even if it's in bed with your daughter. It's not you but your cat, who is needy! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

steph422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I didn't post because it for late but that lasted all of 5 min and she didn't like it. Moved the box back to closet and she was better. I hope her nerves get in check. She seems more at ease today. Looks like 3 boys and littlest one is a girl (one that looks like her) she's 118 g!

steph422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All is going well with Cali and her clan. I find it interesting that the kittens came out largest to smallest and they kind of 'hang out' like that too. Orange boys are usually together, then the black boy and girl are together. I'm watching the littlest one closely tho. (Her nickname is monkey face bc she has these white eyebrows). She is smaller so I make sure to get her wt. She has gained 6gms first day and 5 gms 2nd day. She works hard tho. And is frantically nursing....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The smallest one may benefit from supplementing a couple times a day.

Last edited:

steph422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cali's kittens are thriving. Starting to see some purrsonalities showing lol the littlest one is now keeping up with her brothers and we didn't have to supplement. My concern is that we are leaving for vacation for a week and my older son is going to stay here. The kittens will be a week on Sat. Assuming they will open eyes on the next few days. I read someone here mention that their kittens tries to follow the mama....Should I worry about this? My son won't be here round the clock but a majority of the time. I've typed out specific instructions for him about Cali but hate having to leave them anyway! TIA!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
At a week old they will not be following mom. They need to remain in a nest they cannot get out of for the first 3 weeks. It can be large enough for them to move around in, but they should not be able to get out. Mom should be able to get in and out though.

Enjoy your vacation! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

steph422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you sarthur! I feel better knowing that and I may make a new nesting box with slightly higher sides just in case.

steph422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I see you're in Florida... We're heading to Clearwater area on Sat!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah! I'm in St. Petersburg. You'll be in my county. Are you staying at the beach? We are expecting good weather next week - 80's.

Last edited:

steph422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes! Very close to you. Indian Rocks Beach. We have a little cottage. First time staying in one.We love the gulf side! Any suggestions, please pass along? Thanks!