11 day post spay surgery question on activity

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had hoped to have my two kittens spayed at the same vet, but that didn't work out.
So I'm back asking additional questions about activity level with my second kitten, Keaton, who went home with physical stitches rather than glue like my first.

I have kept her pretty inactive with the help of a small bathroom and a medium little carrier for outtings for the last 11 days. She's extremely hyper and we have a ceiling tall cat tree and shelves that she tears up so I've had to be anal about her. Save for 2 escapes, she's mostly resting.

Is now an okay time to allow her to start at least making small jumps and running slightly?

PS:
She goes in to get her stitches removed in 4 days.
TYIA

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let her do whatever she wants. It's enough days post-spay for her to have free range. I usually set them free (in my house) on the second day after their procedures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How old is she? I'd assume the incision site looks good?
She's 7 months now! And it looks great, 0 redness, dry/scabbed, and 0 odor.

Let her do whatever she wants. It's enough days post-spay for her to have free range. I usually set them free (in my house) on the second day after their procedures.
Good to know! My other girl was released pretty early too, but she was easier to contain 🤧

Since it has been 11 days I would test it out slowly. But don’t let her do too much. Since she gets her stitches out in 4 days keep a very close eye on her.
Sounds great! That's somewhat of what I'm doing. Light running and the like I'll continue to monitor her.

Thank you!!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
11 days sounds like plenty to me, most of my cats were ferals and released the next day to climb trees and jump up on farm equipment. i've never lost one to spaying!

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She should be good to go! The older kittens take a bit longer the heal due to incision size and such. But if the site looks good/healed, she can run free! 🙂

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the additional help! I feel much better letting her be a little bit more active, sans 7 ft pole cat tree of course. I also contacted the vet just in case now that they are open again as suggested.
💞