10 weeks old but 580g

NiteFury

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I have a ragdoll kitten, mother feed for 9 weeks with supplementary feeding via human.
She is growing, but so slowly. She is half the size of her 2 sisters, 1 boy didnt make it. She eats, drinks, poops and wees normally. She is active and happy. She is just very small and has the physique of a much younger kitten. A vet has seen her and he is hapoy she is healthy.
But, I am worried... any clues as to why and are there risks? What can i do?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some few are smallish by nature... With a little luck she will proceed; and either grow up into normal size, or remain minuscule.

With unluck she may crash, when some organ has reached its limits, and the limits becomes acute.

Lets hope for the best.

During the time, you can always try with some nice vitamine paste.
Also goats milk, preferably raw goats milk, is always a good supplement.

* a memory arises: some humans do develop slower than others... They may look in body as 11 years old, although they are 16.17. And may even be weakish students. But suddenly, they do mature up, both physically and as students... They do well in evening schools for adults. I have seen many such when I worked some years in Northern Sweden.
Something similiar MAY happen with cats too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NiteFury

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some few are smallish by nature... With a little luck she will proceed; and either grow up into normal size, or remain minuscule.

With unluck she may crash, when some organ has reached its limits, and the limits becomes acute.

Lets hope for the best.

During the time, you can always try with some nice vitamine paste.
Also goats milk, preferably raw goats milk, is always a good supplement.

* a memory arises: some humans do develop slower than others... They may look in body as 11 years old, although they are 16.17. And may even be weakish students. But suddenly, they do mature up, both physically and as students... They do well in evening schools for adults. I have seen many such when I worked some years in Northern Sweden.
Something similiar MAY happen with cats too.
Thank you, put my mind at ease