10 week old kitten vomiting twice a day at least for the past 3 days :(((

kittenmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys, 

I'm new to this website and I'm hoping you can help me out! 

My fiance and I have just recently gotten two new ocicat kittens. The cattery we went through turned out to be not as trustworthy as we thought when it comes to medical records. But anywho, Neko, our silver spotted roughly 10 week old kitten has been showing signs of an upset tummy lately. He has been playing and eating normally. But then about 3 days ago, he started vomiting what seemed to be mushy chunks of his dry food. We are feeding him Kirkland brand Chicken and Rice cat food. He vomited twice the first time, right after another, both times were the mushy chunks of dry food. Then yesterday, he was eating and playing normally, and he started to vomit again. This time he vomited mushy chunks twice, then about an hour or so later he vomited a white frothy liquid twice. Today, he seems much more lethargic than he usually is and isn't eating or drinking as much as he usually does, and he has vomited four times again, same as yesterday. 

I should mention that we have a blue marble 12 week kitten who has been in and out of the vet for vomiting and diarrhea. He is currently on a deworming medication for that and also has had congestion for the past two weeks. We are working with the vet to give our baby Lumen therapy for this. 

Any ideas on what to do? We've already spent $300+ on Lumen in vet bills, so we really don't want to do the same with Neko if we don't have to. 

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know you probably won't like hearing this, but I do think Neko needs a vet visit. A 10 week old kitten who has been vomiting for 3 days and is now lethargic and not eating or drinking normally is heading downhill fast. He's probably dehydrated and hasn't been getting enough nutrients. It's impossible to guess what's causing the vomiting right now. It doesn't sound you got him from a reputable breeder, so a vet visit really is in order for a general kitten check-up as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks,

we took him into the vet this morning and he was put onto the dewormer that our other kitten is on. Hopefully things turn around fast! :)