10 week kitten suddenly ill

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I have 10 week old kitten who was healthy but then got suddenly ill. She had good poo and eating playing well then from last week started having diarrhea and since yesterday have been pooing total liquid with some clay colored poo and she hasnt been eatinguch since yesterday. I am worried about her. I just put topical wormer on her but her symptoms hasnt improved and right now she looks very lethargic and sleeping with crouched body. What is wrong with her? She has been going out to less than ideal hygineic balcony (where there is dirt from flower pots etc) and playing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree, there's no time to waste.
Maybe she is lethargic because she just had medicine? She still grooms herself and plays and eats food although very little. Also I forgot to add that she's been vomiting since 3days ago. What suggests that she is seriously ill? The liquid poo?

brookesvwilson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats can be one very dehydrated, very quickly. The amount of liquid she is losing during vomiting and diarrhea is immense, especially if not properly replaced. Her electrolytes could be completely thrown off, and lethargy is usually a major warning sign. She may need at least IV fluid therapy. Please please take her to a vet, preferably an emergency one.

brookesvwilson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats can be one very dehydrated, very quickly. The amount of liquid she is losing during vomiting and diarrhea is immense, especially if not properly replaced. Her electrolytes could be completely thrown off, and lethargy is usually a major warning sign. She may need at least IV fluid therapy. Please please take her to a vet, preferably an emergency one.
Kittens are even more susceptible.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just took picture of the kittens poo
This time black thing came out
Do you know what it is?
20221220_154618.jpg

Attachments

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No. Are you going to get the kitten to a professional veterinarian?
I can only take her to the vet on the weekend. Yesterday I put flea and worming topical solution on the kitten but today she pooped out live roundworms all about 4-5 cm long. Does that mean I need to worm her again? She is starting to get gunk in one of her eyes too

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Check the directions on the worming packaging, hopefully it provides guidelines.
It was advocate which has flea AND and worming in one spot on treatment. I dont know how long it takes to kill worms, it only tells me how long fleas and larvaes take to kill. I heard that after dewormer, dead or dying worm can pass the stool so I guess that may have been the dying round worms. But she still isnt eating. Do you think she may have bowel obstruction from worms which isnt fully eliminated? Because its been like 24hrs since shes eaten properly, I started force feeding her wetfood with homemade kayro syrup but I dont know how much to force feed her. she weighs around 1.5kg
Any advice?

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought her symptoms were lot like cat flu so I gave her some antibiotics and she got back to normal before the christmas weekend