10 More Questions About You

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One more time for even more probing questions! :tounge2: (OK, I was completely bored at the club where hubby DJs before my friends showed up and came up with more.)

1. How did you come up with your internet nickname?

2. What is your favorite dessert?

3. Andy Warhol said that everyone has 15 minutes of fame. What is your 15 minutes?

4. What is your favorite holiday & why?

5. What are your superstitions?

6. What is the worst present you ever received?

7. If you could be any profession, what would you be?

8. What subject(s) do you know more about than most people?

9. What's the most recent movie you've seen? Did you like it?

10. Confession time! What strange thing(s) do you do for/with your cats that non-cat people just wouldn't understand?

11. Bonus question - Compliment the person who posted before you did.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It's a combination of the name of my company and what I've always wanted to be!

anything that involves chocolate and ice cream!

3. Andy Warhol said that everyone has 15 minutes of fame. What is your 15 minutes?

I've gotten to go backstage and meet several music artists, that always makes me feel special.

Thanksgiving because it's a family holiday like X-mas, without the stress of shopping for everyone!

That if I don't worry about some things, then something bad will happen, to teach me not to be so confident

toilet seat covers, so if you were in a strange place you could cover the seat and go

I would love to work in movies, not acting but doing behind the scenes stuff.

probably pop culture. I'm a freak about that stuff.

A beautiful mind, and I loved it.

10. Confession time! What strange thing(s) do you do for/with your cats that non-cat people just wouldn't understand?

probably baby talk them

I'm so glad Heidi found us! She adds so much to this board and I always look forward to reading her posts. Especially these fun question threads!

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I didn't know that sfell would be my nickname. I thought it was just part of my account info so I used my first initial and last name.

Hot fudge brownie sundae (no whip cream, no nuts please)

When I made the National Honor Society when I was in High School.

Halloween. What else other than the candy! J/J It's just so fun!

Don't ever tell anyone your deepest desires or they won't come true.

Nothing at all! My ex forgot it was my birthday and didn't do a darn thing, so nothing was my worst gift.

I would be an agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation

Business Management (that was my major in college).

The Rookie and yes, very much.

Squishy ears!!!!!

Colby, you are awesome! I think that sums it up best!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. My internet name is the name of the place I
was working when I found this site.
2. My favorite dessert chocolate pudding with
whipped cream.
3. My 15 minutes of fame was when I won Best
Small, Best Large, and Best in Show in a tattoo
contest.
4. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because my
sweetie and I cook together and just enjoy each
other's company quietly all day.
5. I really don't have any superstitions, I was
born on Friday the 13th.
6. The worst present I ever got was a sick kitten
that had to be put down, but not before it
infected my Leo.
7. I would be a country singer.
8. The subject I know most about is tattoo
history.
9. The last movie I saw was Almost Famous. I
didn't like it.
10.I sing to my cats when they are upset. It seems
to help. My car radio broke during a move and I
sang to them for 300 miles!
11.Sfell, you always seem to know the right things
to say when someone turns to this forum for
comfort or advice. I enjoy your posts very
much.

7cozycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. How did you come up with your internet nickname? well, i always make sure my cats are comfy and cozy. so.....

2. What is your favorite dessert? cheese cake

3. Andy Warhol said that everyone has 15 minutes of fame. What is your 15 minutes? none

4. What is your favorite holiday & why? christmas. because the tree and the lights. i love to sit and watch my christmas tree.

5. What are your superstitions? none. well, i wont kill crickets

6. What is the worst present you ever received? an ugly candle from the dollar tree!

7. If you could be any profession, what would you be? interior design

8. What subject(s) do you know more about than most people? cats, decorating, crafts

9. What's the most recent movie you've seen? Did you like it? snow dogs. very misleading. i thought it was about talking dogs. but it was still funny. stir of echoes- good movie!

10. Confession time! What strange thing(s) do you do for/with your cats that non-cat people just wouldn't understand? i leave the tv on for them when i leave. i hold them up to a window and baby talk them. oh is that a bird? yes. you want the bird? awww does my baby want that bird?

11. Bonus question - Compliment the person who posted before you did. i think your all great because you love animals. you can tell alot about a person from how they treat animals. and if you sing to them, that earns you a 10 point bonus!!!

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[COLOR=# blue] Well...umm..its my name
I don't usually use my real name online though
[/color]

Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream

Not sure anything that special has happened to me yet- I've got lots of years left for that 15 minutes though

Christmas, because its the only time of the year my whole family gets together and gets along
:laughing:

I never let my hubby leave the house angry- I'm scared something will happen to him and my last words with him would end up being angry ones I'd regret forever

I can't think of any bad presents- I always appreciate it when someone gives me something, no matter what it is

Hmmm...probably doing something in the music industry- I'd love to be able to meet artists and be of use to them in their career

Gosh these are tough questions...I'd have to say probably Biology, I love to know how things work and compliment each other in nature, so I read about it a lot

Panic Room- Loved it :rainbow:

Let them sleep in my bed- people who don't love cats think thats gross

Well.. I don't know you very well 7CozyCats but you obviously love cats cuz you're here, so that makes you a very cool person in my book
I like reading your posts and admire your strong sense of conviction

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Valan is the name of my main character in the novel I wrote. I keep meaning to get around to re-writing it because I don't like it anymore. HB are my initials.

Cheesecake, especially the flavored ones like raspberry chocolate or mint.

I was there for the shooting of Nine Inch Nail's Hurt video when he refilmed it in Omaha, NE. Nobody even knew he was doing it until we got there. The first 250 people in line 2 hours before the concert got it. You can see my arm in the video.

Tough call between Christmas, because I can decorate all sparkly and shiny, and Halloween because I love spooky things!

I won't walk under a ladder; I won't wear my Avalanche jersey on game day during the playoffs. Otherwise I'm anti-superstitious - I love black cats and 13 is my lucky number, but I guess those are superstitions too.

When I was younger I made a deal with my sister that if she got me a Barbie for Christmas she could play with it, so she got me the Barbie that she wanted!

Forensic psychologist, or really just about anything in forensics except pathologist or entymologist.

Serial killers, forensics, and vampires :vampireL: (No, really I'm not psycho! Really!)

Queen of the Damned - if you like Anne Rice's books you will be disappointed, if you don't know her books you will probably be confused. But Stuart Townsend does an excellent job of portraying Lestat!

I have full conversations with them, and I talk for them (generally not in the conversations I have with them) like I will tell my husband in the kitty voice that he needs to pet Ophelia "Daddy - Pet me NOW!"

Melissa - you are just too cool for words!
7CozyCats - I really like how you are willing to take chances and stand up for what you believe in.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too cool for words?? Wow, thanks :laughing2

Heidi...I can't believe you got to see Hurt being filmed..that is phenomenal!!! Trent is too cool for words
It must have been incredible to see him in such an intimate environment...wow! Gosh I'm starting to sound like a groupie here :laughing:

Sorry 'bout that...carry on people

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was too cool! The best part was being able to be that close to the stage (2nd row) and not get crushed in the mosh pit. I can usually handle being up front, but that pit is just too intense. We were glued to MTV for months waiting for that video to come out. And yes, he really is that gorgeous and charismatic in real life...*drool*

Ok, now I'm sounding like a groupie! Or just another obsessive NIN fan!

Sorry for the digression - we better get back to the real thread!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hissy was the name of my favorite feral rescue. Once I gained his trust he was so loving, but until then......watch out!

Between the Sheets chocolate cake

I'd have to say the rescue of a black cat who was crucified! He did survive despite all the odds, and the 12 year old boy ended up getting in trouble for what he did. Just not ENOUGH trouble

Christmas

I have none

One bright florescent orange towel

A veterinarian

What subject(s) do you know more about than most people?

English Lit

Harry Potter and LOVED it!

I just love all of them, non cat people think that is strange enough, and I never turn one away that comes here under it's own power.

Well I think Heidi brings a lot to the table when she comes here. She makes you think, she makes you laugh and she contributes a lot. I am glad she is here!

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Spooky is the nickname that hubby gave me, so I guess it just stuck.

Cheesecake. Especially with strawberry sauce on top. Mmmmm...

I haven't had my 15 minutes of fame yet.

Christmas and The 4th of July. I like spending time with my family and I love to watch the fireworks.

I don't really have any superstitions.

I've gotten more than one really bad present. I think the WORST one though was when my grandma bought me underwear for Christmas and I opened it in front of everyone! lol.

Either a pharmacist, teacher or veterinarian.

Sweepstakes

A Beautiful Mind. Yes, I loved it!

I talk baby talk to them like they are my kids.

Valanhb-you are a very nice and cool person!

badhabit

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. How did you come up with your internet nickname? Well Bad habit is the name of a book I've been in the middle of writing for a couple years now. I just haven't gotten around to finishing it.

2. What is your favorite dessert? Cheese cake!!

3. Andy Warhol said that everyone has 15 minutes of fame. What is your 15 minutes? When me and Brian were in the cover story in the cape cod times because we went to a fund rasier for the MSPCA and my dog Natala had come from there so they interviewed us about her.

4. What is your favorite holiday & why? I guess Christmas although I'm not big on holidays. I love to give presents.

5. What are your superstitions? Geez, don't get me started.....

6. What is the worst present you ever received? This puke green pair of leggings and a matching shirt my aunt got me for Christmas when I was younger.

7. If you could be any profession, what would you be? Dog trainer!! I'd love to train shelter dogs for a living.

8. What subject(s) do you know more about than most people? I guess canine behavior.

9. What's the most recent movie you've seen? Did you like it? I started watching The night of the wolf last night on animal planet. I didn't see the first part of the movie so I was a bit confused as to what was going on.

10. Confession time! What strange thing(s) do you do for/with your cats that non-cat people just wouldn't understand? I dance with them. LOL Really they must think I'm wacked but it's fun.

Spooky- Since she loves her kitties so much makes her a cool bean in my eyes.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • 2. dessert?: French silk cheesecake
  • 3. 15 min.?: "Four-Eyes and Six Guns, a truly awful movie, I was an extra in.
  • 4. Holiday?: 4th of July. Warm, no presents, fireworks!
  • 5. Superstitions?: none
  • 6. Worst present?: a suncatcher. (It wasn't to my taste)
  • 7. Profession? Forensic pathologist, I like figuring out hard puzzles.
  • 8. Well-known subject: Old West history
  • 9. Movie: Tombstone. I lived there, 12 years and a lot of my friends are in it. Its, also, the most historically accurate.
  • 10. Strange behavior: NOTHING that I do with my cat is strange.
  • 11. Compliment: I don't know susieq but, if she's a cat person, she's OK by me!
Why do I, always, lose #1, on my lists? katl8e is self-explanatory.

falling_rain21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. How did you come up with your internet nickname? it's my email, so I went with it

2. What is your favorite dessert? caramel cheesecake from Swiss Chalet

3. Andy Warhol said that everyone has 15 minutes of fame. What is your 15 minutes? haven't had mine yet

4. What is your favorite holiday & why? thanksgiving because it's not as monotanous as Christmas, but the meal is still the same!! MMM, turkey.

5. What are your superstitions? i dread friday the 13th. Something always happens to me!!!

6. What is the worst present you ever received? a really ugly tealight lamp

7. If you could be any profession, what would you be? a roller coaster designer. I could make some pretty wicked rides!!

8. What subject(s) do you know more about than most people? music. I can play the piccolo, flute, recorder, saxophone(somewhat), piano(somewhat), and the ukelele(gotta love those hawaiian guitars!)

9. What's the most recent movie you've seen? Did you like it? Death to Smoochy. It was alright.

10. Confession time! What strange thing(s) do you do for/with your cats that non-cat people just wouldn't understand? I play fight with them, chasing them around the house, and then pouncing on them! They love it!!

11. Bonus question - Compliment the person who posted before you did. from what I've seen in the forums, katl8b seems like a nice person!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a nickname for one my favorite cats, who has gone on to adopt another family.

Cherry or strawberry cheescake, maybe (what is it with this group and cheesecake?), or anything with chocolate as long as it's not too sweet and involves another flavor (coffee or vanilla, preferably).

I don't think I've ever been famous for anything . . .

I love Christmas, for that look on my daughter's face in the morning. But in general I don't care for holidays.

That if I admit I love someone, they will leave me / die. Includes my cats!

Anything from my almost-ex in the last 3 years, because they never had anything to do with who I am or what I wanted.

A writer or a therapist or a professional talk show guest.

Nothing, really, I just know it about more subjects than most people :tounge2:

Harry Potter, and it was wonderful.

Silly question! Non-cat people don't understand why I keep cats in the first place!

Falling Rain, of course being a cat lover says a lot about you! I don't know you well, but I have enjoyed your posts and I hope you hang out here for a long time!

Aside to Cindy: Catl8e is actually not self-explanatory! I spent a long time wondering why you chose "Cattle 80"! lol There goes my reputation as a brainiac.

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well, my fave kitties name is Bod... soooo......

Sticky Treacle Sponge with LASHINGS of hot custard..mmmmm

Well, its kinda lame, but I won a public speaking competition against 20 - 25 year olds when I was 16....

ANy holiday that gets me time off work!! hahaha.... I like New Year though....lot's of fun!

Don't have any....

Hmmm....some curtains my friend "bought" for me (they were her old ones and she tried to make out like she bought them special for me!??!!? They were all freyed at the edges too!! hahaha Bless)

Archeaologist, Lawyer, or Interior Designer

Interior Design, and with the exception of all you cat lovers, CATS!! hahaha

Blade 2, and yep it was OK, not as good as the first though........

Have full blown conversations with them, and I do that thing where I change my voice and talk as if I was the cat to people!!! HAhahahahaa!! :LOL:

Sunlion, I think you are a very strong person, and you are too funny!! All in all..... GREAT!!!

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Its part of my name

New York Cheesecake

I was into competetive dancing and cheerleading before I got married, and we had a lot of "star" time!

thanksgiving, love the food

None

I've never gotten a bad present...not yet anyways

doctor

Medical stuff, nutrition

Fast and the Furious w/ hubby....it was ok.

Talk to them like they know what I am saying

Bodlover is COOL!! Her posts are always funny and insightful, and she is great to have here!! Yay Rhea!!!!!!!!!

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gee's!! Thanks Daniela!!!
Not too sure about being "insiteful" though!!! :LOL:

Ok... back to the games...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ady was my nickname growing up and Marie is my middle name.

Strawberry shortcake - yummy!

I used to work at a recording studio that did Foley (sound dubbing) for the TV show "Forever Night" (vampire show). Whenever they needed a screamer I got to scream - I think I am screaming on 5 different episodes - I scream well!

Every year hubby and I take off our anniversay week and spend a quiet week at the cottage alone!

Have to lift feet when going over train tracks in car or my luck will run off down the track (hokey - I know)

A wedding present from my great aunt - she got a used set of bowls from a garage sale!

Book proof reader - specifically fantasy or sci-fi

My job Employment Insurance and anything about the Mercedes Lackey Valdemar book series

K-Pax - loved it

Hold them up to the fish bowl to see the fish - they love it and so does the fish, but everyone thinks the fish, Dragon will have a heart attack

Daniela - wonderful mother, articulate and friendly!