10 month kitten suddenly losing weight (boney), fell from couch, and possibly blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. You did everything that you could for this kitten and, despite the lack of seeming initiative on the part of the first vet, it sounds as if he was extremely ill. The blindness and seizures were certainly signs that whatever was affecting him was very severe.

He knew that he was loved and understood that you were trying to help him. He was not alone and frightened which counts for so much in the case of cats like your little boy.

I have lost young cats/kittens over the years and in every case there seemed to be a very grave underlying condition which escalated over time. You and your girlfriend fought the good fight for Coco and I hope that in time that realization will bring you comfort.

It is hard when these things happen on Christmas as that adds another dimension of sadness to the loss. Please try to understand that you did everything you could and that you helped Coco to pass with the knowledge that he was loved.

When a cat passes on, we close the thread within a few days out of respect. If you would like to post a tribute to Coco or communicate with others about your loss, please feel free to do so in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Crossing the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.