$10,000 tip.......what would ya do?

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd put a few thousand away toward future vet bills and home improvements with the rest.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What would I do? Catch up on my mortgage (I am 1 1/2 months behind)
Make some much needed repairs to the house and if there was anything left, plan a small vacation. Hubby is out of work with no prospects. People don't want to hire a 55 yr old.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, as long as the guy reports it as a gift, she won't have to pay taxes on it.
You're allowed up to $11,000 tax free as a one time gift per year.

What would I do? I would pay off all the credit cards, buy a new washer/dryer & dishwasher, and pay off a couple of other things. I'd still have a few grand left, and that would go in the bank for a rainy day.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

That's what I was thinking! Still would be nice....

People are cheap where I live... nobody ever gets generous tips where I work (the Olive Garden) because people around here think tipping is a sin or something crazy like that. Once in a while a person will actually tip the suggested 15-20%, but most people throw down a couple dollars and some change, even if it was a large group. I don't know what they think we make, but FYI for all of you out there, it's $2.13/hour. We rely on your tips to pay our bills! Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but it is... so have some compassion, peeps!
$2.13/hour? I'd never work for that. Here waitresses make minimum $6.75 ($1 less than minimum wage).

If I got left that tip, It would all go to paying for college, which is going to cost more than that.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This might sound a bit morbid but I would dig Sheba up and have here body made into a diamond. Its would probably be a tiny stone though.
Then perhaps donate some money to one of the local shelters/botanical garden
then buy new furniture/carpeting for the family room