1 yr old had kittens, i adopted her, is she pregnant again?

isitorisntit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, newly adopted cat.. was told after birth she had not been out but I suspect the person was not telling the truth.. visibly she has had kittens but her belly doesn't look right. She will be off to the vet after Xmas but can anyone say this looks normal?

Attachments

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, newly adopted cat.. was told after birth she had not been out but I suspect the person was not telling the truth.. visibly she has had kittens but her belly doesn't look right. She will be off to the vet after Xmas but can anyone say this looks normal?
When did she have her kittens and when were they weaned completely? I would post this in this forum: Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

isitorisntit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The last kitten was sold 24th Dec and thats the only info the lady gave me, I feel like the information I received before taking her wasn't the reality of the situation.. she gave me a line that her child has adhd and lashes out so they didn't want her.. but to get rid of her so soon after having kittens I do find odd.. and looking at her belly I though that her reason, in reality, is that she knew something, either pregnant or something else, because that makes more sense 🤔 I will post also to there, am new didnt see that thread, thanks :)

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
The last kitten was sold 24th Dec and thats the only info the lady gave me, I feel like the information I received before taking her wasn't the reality of the situation.. she gave me a line that her child has adhd and lashes out so they didn't want her.. but to get rid of her so soon after having kittens I do find odd.. and looking at her belly I though that her reason, in reality, is that she knew something, either pregnant or something else, because that makes more sense 🤔 I will post also to there, am new didnt see that thread, thanks :)
Not knowing how old the kittens were (and I hope they didn't wean them early) she may just be full of milk and hopefully not have or will develop mastitis

isitorisntit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Would i see her lactate at all? And also lady said since she gave birth she had not gone out, but she has been meowing at the doors and windows all night, I feel like she has been outside.. I will get her checked ASAP

isitorisntit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had her 12 hours only, why no vets yet btw

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We may presume lady didnt waited till the kittens were 12 weeks, so the kittens were surely nursing to the 24 december... And so, with a little luck, these swollen teats is not ideal but more or less normal.

You can try with some breast balm on her teats (same as for humans). Or even coldpressed cocos or virgin olive oil.

Ps. Cats arent protected by nursing, unlike humans. So its fully probable she was in heat... And of course, not impossible she managed to sneak out.
If so, if she isnt too late in pregnancy, a spaying / abortion is fully possible.

The claws looks to me as normal, but when at the vet, mention them to the vet.