1 Yr Old Cat W/ Small Scab On Back

edoherty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! I have a one year old calico short-hair and I just noticed a small round scab on her right upper back. She is spayed and has all vaccinations. She is an indoor only cat, so I doubt this is from a flea bite...though perhaps I'm wrong.

The scab looks like it's peeling up from the bottom, but I don't want to remove it for her for obvious reasons (number one being a potential open wound, although small). What's odd is that there's a ring of hair missing around the scab, and her hair is gathered on the scab. This is not causing her any pain and she doesn't scratch or lick at it, she even lets me examine it for however long I want. I do have another cat, a three year old short hair, and they play together constantly.

IMG_0968.JPG
IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_0965.JPG
IMG_0967.JPG

Is this a mole, infection, or just a small puncture wound from when she and my other cat were playing? I have made an appointment with the vet, but wanted to check here as well!

THANK YOU!!

lvcatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I find stuff like that on my cats from time to time and it's never been anything too serious. On mine, it's usually the consequence of a small cat scuffle. If the fur is growing back then I think it's healing. Id just keep an eye on it. They're usually gone in a few weeks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

edoherty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! That's what I think it is. I'm glad she's so unbothered by it. Makes me worry less!

Kaytg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I know this is an older post but my cat has the exact same thing. When you took her to the vet what did they say? I have never seen anything like this and the scan is coming up from the bottom too!
Thank you! That's what I think it is. I'm glad she's so unbothered by it. Makes me worry less!
75FBAE47-DA04-4BBE-8016-63C4BAA61BDD.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi I know this is an older post but my cat has the exact same thing. When you took her to the vet what did they say? I have never seen anything like this and the scan is coming up from the bottom too!
The OP hasn't been back on this site since the time of the posting (4/2018), so you will probably not get a response here. But, I see you posted a new thread, so hopefully someone will see it and recognize what it might be (sorry, I don't).

Kaytg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The OP hasn't been back on this site since the time of the posting (4/2018), so you will probably not get a response here. But, I see you posted a new thread, so hopefully someone will see it and recognize what it might be (sorry, I don't).
Thank you!