1 Year Old Neutered Siamese Humps His Bed, Residual Sexuality, or a Dominance thing?

regnes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He was neutered at 5 months, in the month leading up to the surgery he began exhibiting some obvious sexuality. He would start crying and then begin to hump his bed while still crying out, during these episodes he would always have a very visible erection lol.  After the surgery this behaviour stopped, at least until recently.  Around midnight most nights I will hear him crying at the top of the stairs, and then I will see him carrying his favourite stuffed bunny down the stairs with him, he will usually drop the bunny and then just start crying more while looking at me. The past two weeks this ritual has expanded to include a romp with his bed, he's still slightly erect during this.

I'm unsure what to make of it, I know neutering doesn't completely inhibit sexuality, is it maybe sexual frustration of some sort, or maybe a show of dominance. Dominance has always been a thing with this guy, as much as we try and keep him in line, he definitely has a stubborn edge to him in that regard lol. 

pisces7386

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've wondered the same thing- My 1.5 year old neutered domestic long hair gets 'humpy' too. He seems to go through phases where he gets really humpy for a few days and then he won't do it for weeks. Unfortunately he goes for his sister... I would much prefer if he went after his bed instead.  I don't think it is a dominance thing with out little guy.