1 year old cat average weight?

turkishvanmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my cat cause she seems so skinny. Firstly I have heard that different cats can have different builds which results in variation in weight and size. Despite this I am still concerned of my cat Cola.

She is 1 years old this past May 2nd, and weighs 4.8 lbs (2.17 kilos). She always looks so skinny but she eats so much. She is restless, cries in the night/dawn, and her back twitches often (no fleas). Not sure if that has anything to do with her weight. Is this normal? I just look at her and think it looks like we starve her! :(

Last edited:

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She does look a bit thin to me but it's hard to tell with fluffy cats. I'd recommend getting her checked by a vet just in case. Have them run a fecal test to check for parasites and do some basic blood work too. If she were older I'd be worried about hyperthyroidism which might explain the restlessness, crying and large appetite but that usually occurs in older cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

turkishvanmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She used to have Toxoplasma Coccidiosis when she was a wee tiny thing and it was very stubborn to rid. After several rounds of antibiotics her fecal tests were finally clear of parasites. Honestly the pics make her look thicker, the photos don't capture just how thin she looks in person. :/