1 year old cat always pees or poos if i hoover or sweep the floor have no idea why

kim81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ive had her since she was 6 weeks old she never use to wee or poo all over herself until last 2 months wasn't so much of an issue as she was an outdoor cat and wasn't malting all over my upstairs but now keeping her in shes malting and flicking half of her litter tray every where and have toddlers so i need to use the hoover often through out the day down stairs is cool but if i hoover up stairs i put her in bathroom now as she will no doubt pee herself most time poo i cant let her go out as she heavily pregnant no1 has ever done anything to her with a hoover or a broom or dustpan and brush i tried using them as they don't make so much noise but did do it when she was in the room as didn't think it would make her have accident but she did so i enclose her away in the bathroom when hovering as its just so unhygienic and when i go into my bathroom shes more or less flat on window cil with a trail of pee behind her and all over her legs i always pick her up and give her a cuddle as u can see shes upset she weed all over herself too i then have to clean with water as im pregnant and having young kids and carpets i hate the idea of waiting and letting her clean herself also she wont be going out after the kittens are gone she now a strictly house cat and i just so time consuming and also dont understand or like the idea of her being scared it upsets me has anyone else got or had this problem

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most cats are afraid of the vacuum/hoover although generally not to the point of peeing/pooping on theirselves. I was going to say confine her to a room furthest away from where the hoover is going, but if the bathroom isn't working, I'm not sure that will work. You could try something like Feliway pheromone diffusers to try to calm her. It also may be hormonal related since she's pregnant and may get better after birth and kittens are gone. Also, if she was outdoors, you don't know that someone didn't try to hurt her with a broom or dustpan. How long has this been going on, since you brought her in when she got pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kim81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeh i mean my male cat is but he just thinks too bad  im going out where she will run around if she cant find a safe spot then she runs around weeing or pooing but if she already in safe place she will just lie very flat n wee all over herself or poo i mean shes only been kept in for 2 week straight now ( as soon as i knew she was expecting) so when ever i hovered  was rare she was in or min it went on would meow at back door and other half would let her out but saying that tonight i fort id hoover down stairs first so not a sudden noise and not shut her away so she cant see what it is or how close to her it is and she just watched me no wee or poo so maybe shes getting use to it now or maybe she needs that gradual build of loud noise or she preferred to be able to see it she was up on my bedroom window and just stayed there looking but not frightened like before and min i turnt it off she jumped on bed for stroking always when i ask or look for help it resolves it self well ad least im hoping it has sayin that i did get a new hoover for xmas and is a lot nosier than my old one but where she was such an outdoors cat its unfamiliar to the sound she was hearing as a kitten as she was fine with old one but the broom n dustpan is a mystery to me  

Last edited by a moderator: