#1 Song The Day You Were Born

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! so many great songs! So many persons - so many younger than me. I love Dean Martin, the Beatles, the Rascals, the Doors. And for the fan of The Human League, "I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar..." I'm not that old.

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

OK...I just played it from the billboard top 100 (I have all top 100s from 1970 to now) and I definitely recognize the song, just not the name or artist.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Helen Reddy's most famous song from the 1970's was not Delta Dawn but "I am Woman" which was the song for the feminist movement. From the song: "If I have to, I could do anything."

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
04/15/1987 ... "I Knew You Were Waiting (for Me)" by Aretha Franklin & George Michael

LOL thats ironic! My mom waited for me for 13 years

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One year for Christmas my brother-in-law made a CD for the whole family of songs that were number 1 the day they were born. Because there were seven kids, spouses and lots of grandkids, it was a double CD - ranging from Bing Crosby to new dance hits. It was great!

So I already know mine - Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mezlo

It's not something I'd choose to play. I'm not exactly the christian type.
huh? i wouldn't consider it a Christian song... country, yeah. oh, & Tanya Tucker was who had a hit with it, not Helen Reddy [altho i think she covered it, also]. Tanya Tucker was only like 14 when it hit big, too.