1 and half week old kitten missing in the house?

saraa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My neighbour has had to go away for a while, and I'm watching her cat.
Anyway, Mumma cat seems healthy and fine, and so did all the kittens when I saw them yesterday. 
She's relocated one of the kittens to another area of the house (we think) and we have searched literally everywhere we can think of, trying to be mindful not to tear my neighbour house apart.
We can not find it anywhere, and I don't think she's eaten it, as there is no evidence of blood or anything. 
It couldn't have gotten out because all doors and windows were been shut, and it doesn't even have its eyes open yet. 
We searched earlier, then left hoping she'd move the other kittens to where the missing one was (then we'd hear them crying).
When we got back she had moved the remaining kittens from their box to another room, but the missing kitten was still gone.
Anyone know what to do? Any advice at all would be appreciated!
I've left hoping she will find it, after searching for ages and having no luck. 
Anyone know why she'd move just one kitten and seem to completely forget about it? 
She isn't concerned, and doesn't seem to notice it's missing.
I'm so worried! Don't want the poor baby to starve. :(
Thanks!

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you're going through this. I don't have much advice. At barely two weeks old, I don't think the kitten can more far. So I'm inclined to think the mother cat moved the kitten herself. Which leads me to this no good news: sometimes the mother cat will remove/ignore/hide one of her kittens if she thinks that kitten has something wrong with it.
So look at some furniture/hole/clothing that is at floor height (i.e., kitten) and mother cat height/jumping height.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saraa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you think if I bought my cat over and closed the doors from the mother cat and kittens, that he might sniff out the missing kitten? 
I am so worried about the poor little thing, they all seemed so healthy and she was acting like the best mother! There was no 'runt' of the litter or anything.
So if found alive and healthy looking, should I place it back with the mumma and other kittens and see if she accepts it or take it to a vet/rescue? 
In other words, can the Mum sense the kitten is sick, or is she rejecting it just out of suspicion? 
I've done a bit of Animal studies, but only the basics pretty much and no hands on work yet, so I've never had to bottle feed kittens before, but I'm willing to try it if the is rejecting him for no reason (if he's still healthy enough), and if that fails to take it to the vet/rescue. 
Thanks for the advice!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's alive and she's not feeding it, it will start mewing loudly when it's hungry. So she's either feeding it or it's already dead and she removed the body :(. Of course if it is dead you need to find the body so it doesn't stink up the house. Keep looking everywhere a cat could fit.