1.5 yr old Cat. Skin and possible wound

Lilycup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please help. I don't have the money for a vet right now. Between covid killing me and employers not paying much, gas prices at $5/gallon (in AZ), it's tough just living.

Baby Autumn has had the wound for a good 5 plus weeks now. We clean it and also put anti itch on for her.

The possible rash, maybe a week? I just noticed her licking her inner thigh allot and investigated. I love my girls (2 cats) to death. Please don't judge or be rude about no vet. I will tell you this. They have a very clean home, 4 condos (1 at every major window), 3 cat boxes and more toys than most children. They will always eat before I will. Luckily haven't gotten to that point. Anyway. Any idea what this is and/or possible remedy? Thank you, in advance for any and all help.

My 7 yr old goes after her sometimes, we stop it immediately. They play rough. The baby always starts it. Ugh. Again, we don't allow rough play either. Just more info, I guess.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We don't judge, I promise, and I'm so glad you took the chance to write your post :vibes::redheartpump::hugs::redheartpump:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilycup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much!!! My heart is hurting for her. She has all her shots, is spayed and they are indoors only. I appreciate the encouragement! I don't know how to help her. 😭

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sorry, I hit the post button too soon;

Unflavored Chamomile tea might help, store bought (garden grown isn't safe for cats), brew some, cool it and apply regularly. It's anti bacterial, anti fungal, will ease discomfort and is safe if she licks it.

There might be something here (apologies for the rather dramatic title)

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

The 6 Best Cheap Cat Foods That Are Affordable and Healthy! (2022) - All About Cats

Keep an eye on chewy, it seems like they're having sales and deals lately, plus there are companies like Tractor Supply, and Farm and Home Supply, Chuck and Don's (maybe) and this thread sometimes has helpful tips;

Cat Food Deals Forum?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilycup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sorry, I hit the post button too soon;

Unflavored Chamomile tea might help, store bought (garden grown isn't safe for cats), brew some, cool it and apply regularly. It's anti bacterial, anti fungal, will ease discomfort and is safe if she licks it.

There might be something here (apologies for the rather dramatic title)

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

The 6 Best Cheap Cat Foods That Are Affordable and Healthy! (2022) - All About Cats

Keep an eye on chewy, it seems like they're having sales and deals lately, plus there are companies like Tractor Supply and Farm and Home Supply, Chuck and Don's (maybe) and this thread sometimes has helpful tips;

Cat Food Deals Forum?
Thank you!!!