1:45 a.m Jabba passed away

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's now playing with Odie and all the rest of our Rainbow babies. I'm not sure what happend. He was fine yesterday but today he had a seizure. He looked alright afterwards and acted fine, too. Then as the night went along, he just looked off. I called the Evet about midnight because he had another seizure. They are about 50 miles away (the evats in my area NEVER call back) and they said I could bring him down or just wait. I decided to wait as I can't pay what the evet wanted just to tell me if he's going to make it or not. Hell, you could look at him and see he wouldn't. I left him alone for a bit to feed the kitten baby and when I found him he had tried to get on a shelf and fell. Just as I walked in, he slammed 3 feet to the floor.
He passed on within 15 minutes of the fall.

I'm kinda numb but not. I guess when you expect the passing, you're able to deal with it better. I miss him like crazy but he really wasn't here at the end. It was just his body that was left. He had stopped breathing but his heart was still going. I ended up saying (out loud) "I know you can here me, Jabba. You know I won't bury you until your heart stops." Within seconds, his heart stopped.

My sweet Ja-ba-ba. I miss you, baby. I'll miss you running into the bedroom at night and cuddeling under my chin even when you didn't fit there anymore. Now you can play with the kittens like you wanted to here. I bet you're up there beating up Odie right now. You weren't with us long (9 months) but you were here long enough to have a special place in our hearts.

We will see you again, child. Until then be happy and play nice.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
so sorry to hear about Jabba. i think you're right - it is a tiny bit easier when it's expected, but it's still hard
i'm glad you were able to be with him at the time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the kind words. My hubby took Jabbas body to the evet to hold until our regular vet can do a necropsy. It's going to cost a small fortune but I'll at least have some answers. I still don't know what happend. I'm at a loss.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to learn of Jabbas passing.
Not knowing why must be very difficult for you.
I pray that the necropsy reveals why this happened.

You are missed precious Jabba.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Jabba is now healthy again and playing over at the Bridge.

RIP Jabba

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The vet said it was his heart. It just gave up. The seizures were lack of blood and oxygen to his brain and the falling off the shelf just added insult to injury. He asked if we wanted any more done and I said no. We brought Jabba home today and buried him. May he rest in piece.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How awful for you to see him like that

I`m glad you were able to get the answers you wanted. I would have wanted to know also.

RIP Jabba