$1.10 a day for litter: Is that about average?

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

I, too, think highly of WBCL but in my nose's humble opinion, TC has a slight edge over WBCL in the odor control department.
not everyone wants a clay litter though, for reasons unrelated to odor control. There are so many factors in finding a good litter that works for you - dust, being flushable, scooping performance, environmental impact, tracking issues, etc.

Your original post was just about litter cost and whether it's worth it to you...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kit E Cat

but I think Tidy Cats clumps just fine, as long as its the new kind that says Tidy Lock on the side.
Kit E, from what I remember if it says Tidy Lock it still sucked in bad crumbly clumping. TC comes in so many stripes it gives me a headache when I look at all of them. I hope no one thinks I'm a shill for TC. I can't be because I always say TC (well, the plain original TC I guess) is an absolute nightmare when it comes to clumping ... Use a standard slotted litterscoop and the urine crumbles right through
But having tried other litters that fell short, I will spend the 90 cents a day. Any small savings by buying another litter isn't worth it imho

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I spend a little over $1 - I use two 20 pound bags of Cat Attract every three weeks (one bag for one jumbo litter box) - each bag is about $11 with the bag's coupon. But, it solved my boy's litter box aversion problems, and I like the way it clumps and is not very dusty - and smells good too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darlili

I guess I spend a little over $1 - I use two 20 pound bags of Cat Attract every three weeks
aha, that's another brand I wanna try eventually

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

not everyone wants a clay litter though, for reasons unrelated to odor control. There are so many factors in finding a good litter that works for you - dust, being flushable, scooping performance, environmental impact, tracking issues, etc.

Your original post was just about litter cost and whether it's worth it to you...
Indeed. I would not use any clumping clay litter with little kittens personally and I find them dusty and smelly if not cleaned out completely frequently.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Re Cat Attract, there's a whole line of litters from Dr. Elsey's company - Precious Cat, Precious Cat Ultra, Precious Cat White Pine, Kitten Attract, a senior version, the additive for use with other brands of litter - it seems to be you name the possible issue, he's got a possible solution. Honestly, though, I do suggest that anyone who's having litter box issues, after ensuring it's not a medical issue, to try Cat Attract. It's definitely worth a shot.

kit e cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

Kit E, from what I remember if it says Tidy Lock it still sucked in bad crumbly clumping. TC comes in so many stripes it gives me a headache when I look at all of them. I hope no one thinks I'm a shill for TC. I can't be because I always say TC (well, the plain original TC I guess) is an absolute nightmare when it comes to clumping ... Use a standard slotted litterscoop and the urine crumbles right through
But having tried other litters that fell short, I will spend the 90 cents a day. Any small savings by buying another litter isn't worth it imho
I have 7 cats and 7 highly used litter boxes. When I scoop, the litter in thebox still looks the way it did when I put it in. I just scooped...nice firm clumps, no crumblies. I love it. I have switched to several different litters because TC is expensive. But after I found it at Sam's for so cheap, I went back.