Ling's 1st HHP Show this weekend :)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Ling's about to go to her 1st cat show this coming weekend. Bath time is Friday nite and we'll leave early Saturday morning.

Its a one day show (5 rings) so we will see what happens. I got deep red satin material for the curtains - red looks good on her
I'm going with the thought of "not" winning - and that way I'm not disappointed. Unofficial show count is 17 HHP's - nice size class, so we will see. Its a CFA show.

Will update on Sunday

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ling was good in the show, till she went in the rings. First ring she was unsure of what to do. The other rings, she figured out that she really did NOT like all those other strange cats around.

So her show career started and ended the same day....oh well we did have fun watching the other cats. Was a BIG cornish rex kitten class - 10 kittens! and they all were very nice examples - I would not want to have to be picking 1st/2nd best of breed, but happy to say that almost EVERY judge had at least one of the rex kittens and 2-3 rings had both - these were allbreed rings too

I did pick up a few names for future reference when we were ready for another kitty. And hubby fell in love with the chocolate ocicats! We may wind up with a retired ocicat in the future - chocolate of course. He was quite impressed with their looks, coat, and personality.

He got all excited and came and told me "go look in ring one, they have a LEOPARD in the ring - I laughed and went to see, and came back and told him "ohhhhhhhh thats just an ocicat, but they are cool" and we looked into them a little bit more.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, poor Ling. Well at least she tried...would a chocolate oci be the same as a bronze ocicat??? I'm so envious that you can go to shows over there and see more than 15 breeds at any one time. Over here in Asia (Ex. Japan) malaysia has the most number of breeds in any one show (12-15) and some countries only have 5 breeds! Even then, Malaysia is fast becoming the home for Maine Coons/Persians and Exotics only....

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update. I was wondering how Ling did. Sounds like she prefers the life of a pampered queen of the house. And who can blame her.

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Was a BIG cornish rex kitten class - 10 kittens! and they all were very nice examples - I would not want to have to be picking 1st/2nd best of breed, but happy to say that almost EVERY judge had at least one of the rex kittens and 2-3 rings had both - these were allbreed rings too
Yeah!! I love the Cornish Rex breed ever since getting Zander. In a few years my husband wants to get another kitten. We have been going to shows and talking to breeders now to get aquainted and also since most kittens are wait listed. We seem to have quite a few in our area which is nice.

Tricia

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peachy, look into gettting a retired breeder rather then a kitten. You still get a great cat but don't have to wait long. I found that most breeders will charge only a few hundred (like $200) plus shipping and/or shots before they are placed. We want a retired male rather then another female.

Abymummy - not sure about the "bronze" versus "chocolate". I know they use "bronze" in the egyptian maus (which are also spotted) but I don't think they use that for the ocicats - they come in 12 colors/combinations; tawny is the equivalant of brown tabby - the darkest color. And chocolate is lighter. Then you have silvers, cinnimon, and blues too. You can combine the colors to get Cinnimon-silver or Chocolate-silvers too.

Check out Cat Fanciers Association website for their color descriptions for the ocicats.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehehe - I got my spotted cats confused!!! I actually did a CFA search, realised I got it wrong!! Sorry!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No problem...if you ever notice, they use "ebony" for oriental shorthairs - all other breeds call it "black"...lol