Can I get some vibes for Ginger?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ginger is the sweet dilute calico that is supposed to fly out here in two days to her forever home with us. Eileen (eilcon) rescued her from the streets and is fostering her for us.

Yesterday, Ginger went in for her last vet check, and distemper booster. Today, Ginger is showing an adverse reaction to the distemper booster, including refusing food and a temperature of 105! Of course, Eileen took her straight to her trusted vet this morning, where they are keeping her for observation, giving her benedryl to bring down the fever and IV fluids so she doesn't dehydrate.

Dr. Chase told Eileen not to worry, that a reaction like this is pretty common. That's easy for a doctor to say when he sees this kind of thing all the time, but when it's a kitty you love it's much harder than that! Especially when you're 1000 miles away!!!

Could I ask for some healthy vibes for little Ginger, that she gets past this and is able to fly to me on Thursday?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi, we will definately keep Ginger in our thoughts/prayers....hopefully this is just a common allergic reaction to the booster. Poor baby, she has a tough road ahead of her.... I always hate when they don't understand what's going on....it probably doesn't help that she's out of her environment, then she gets on a plane, and who likes that, the pressure changes and all that....will they give her a mild sedative for flying? Just be patient when you finally get her home! I'm sure she will be so confused....poor sweet baby. We will be thinking of her....

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sending many vibes and prayers for Ginger...Reilly had an allergic reaction to his rabies vaccine this year that caused a high temperature and seizure...so I understand why you are so stressed.

Eileen will take good care of her though, and she will be home with you soon

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Poor Ginger! I know you must be a very worried, nervous meowmy right now.
Since you can't be there with her, Eileen is an excellent substitute. I am sending LOTS of good vibes to Ginger, and calming vibes to you and Eileen!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Ginger and I (as well as our new furkid Ferris) are sending lots of positive vibes out for YOUR Ginger to feel better FAST and calming vibes for her upcoming trip!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone.

Eileen called her vet to get an update. They said that she is looking and acting perkier. The fever has come down some, but they want to keep an eye on her for a while longer.

Sounds like the vibes are working.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good to hear, Heidi! I hope she is 100% in time for her trip on Thursday
I will still keep the vibes coming along

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww ... Im sending vibes for Ginger and you, too. This had been a long awaited time for you .... I hope Ginger is safe and secure in your loving arms as soon as possible

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Thanks everyone.

Eileen called her vet to get an update. They said that she is looking and acting perkier. The fever has come down some, but they want to keep an eye on her for a while longer.

Sounds like the vibes are working.
Ginger is in my prayers. Thank God she's feeling better!