Licking Nose

darincm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just curious, Max (who passed away in March) loved to lick noses. My wife & I would wake up to Max licking a nose - nowhere else but the nose. Any others have cats with a nose fetish?

tunaqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep. Pye has done this since he was a kitten (he's 6 now). Not only will he lick, but he'll rub his gums on my nose to mark me (where have you been all day?!) and lick with a little nibble (I love you and want my tuna!) I gave him nose kisses as a baby, so this is the way he's learned to communicate with me, I guess. Or maybe it's just the size he finds so intriguing...

curlyq629

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure why they do this... good question!

My 5 1/2 month old, Leo, is only interested in giving kisses on my lips and nose. I'm pretty sure he'd like to lick *up* my nose if I'd let him!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darincm

Just curious, Max (who passed away in March) loved to lick noses. My wife & I would wake up to Max licking a nose - nowhere else but the nose. Any others have cats with a nose fetish?
Yep, Chynna is a nose licker. It's what endeared her to me. I had found her in the bushes outside my apartment building on a busy street. After the security people housed and cared for her for a week while trying to find her owner, they realized she was abandoned and they turned her outside
I rescued her and planned on taking her to the Humane Society after work, but when I got home she was sleeping on my bed having made herself quite at home and when I picked her up she gave me nose kisses! She won me over, hehe

The vet loves her because she gives him nose kisses too.

I eventually have to put my hand up and try and distract her to lick my hand because her tongue is like sandpaper and hurts after awhile.

lilycurly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes!
Timine and Luna are both nose-lickers. That's how I wake up every morning.

I wonder if they learned that from each other or if it's just a coincidence that both of them do that.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger is a nose licker, but fortunately, I've broken her of the habit of waking me up that way! It took MONTHS, though, LOL!!!

Now she licks my hand and fingers after I wake up in the morning, or whenever she thinks I need a kissing.

She never headbutts me, so I guess it's her little way of being affectionate!