TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Catch phrase?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Catch phrase?

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Does anyone else have a little catch phrase?
Mine changes a lot, but the current one is
"You're freaking me out, man!"
Before that it was "You don't even know!"
I say those all the time, it bugs the heck out of my family and friends.

So, anyone else?

(I hope I'm using the term 'catch phrase' correctly...)
post #2 of 24
Dude! Like, y'know, I'm not sure if I, like, have a "catch phrase," like, y'know?

Actually, I do say "dude" alot, LOL!
post #3 of 24
I always say:


"Uh.....no"
"What are you?"
"But I-I like the cookie" (from over the hedge)
post #4 of 24
Ummmmm NO is a constant one from me, especially at work
post #5 of 24
I say "Yeah I know RIght" a lot and "Whatever" and "sissy"
post #6 of 24
I actually say "For Pete's Sake" a lot
post #7 of 24
"Special kind of stupid" is my phrase
post #8 of 24
I put "seriously" into EVERY sentence......

I use "awesome" a lot too......
post #9 of 24
"Oh no she didn't.."
"Open your ears and shut your mouth for once."
"Cool beans"
And my personal fave:
"Wake up and smell the bean burritos!"
post #10 of 24
I use awesome alot too.
In like everything..even when things suck.
Umm..I say "Ya I know right?" alot too.
and I randomly say "I dont need any more friends" alot at work.
Oh, and I've been using "dude" alot lately too. In starting a sentance. Hmm..
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom
Dude! Like, y'know, I'm not sure if I, like, have a "catch phrase," like, y'know?

Actually, I do say "dude" alot, LOL!
I say "dude" a lot too!
Also, "gag me with a spoon", "mos def".. there's more.. I think I belong in the 80's!
post #12 of 24
I say "Oh My God" or "That's Funny"
post #13 of 24
I don't know if it actually is a swear-word or not (if so, I do apologize!), but I say "gorram" a lot. It's from the sci-fi/western "Firefly" (continued in the movie "Serenity" that came out in September), one of Joss Whedon's brilliant creations.

I also, sarcastically, say "Good times, good times," a lot. Like, I'll be telling someone about how my boss yelled at me, then I'll roll my eyes and say "Yep, good times, good times." I have no idea where it's from; one of my friends started saying it, and then I picked it up. It's probably from a movie or a television show, however.

And for some reason, I say "dude" a lot, too. Usually in the middle of insulting someone, like "Dude, learn to drive!" or "Dude! Way to be!" I am remarkably uncool.
post #14 of 24
I use "ya know" more then I probably should
and "That Rocks!"
post #15 of 24
I say "oh me goodness" or "goodness me" a lot. I say "awesome" and "cool beans" far more than I care to admit too.
post #16 of 24
I use you know what I mean a lot.. and whatever and yeah right..hehe
post #17 of 24
I've been saying "I'm most displeased" a lot lately when I'm annoyed... but you know it really just doesn't have the same effect as when Darth Vader says it!
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleah
Umm..I say "Ya I know right?" alot too.
somehow i got into the habit of that too - i say that alot. also, especially on the west coast, "hella" is really popular, and i've picked it up without meaning to. things are "hella good" or "hella bad", or i'm "hella hungry". once you start saying it, it's almost impossible to stop.
post #19 of 24
I say "awesome" a lot too, and I also say "good times".
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinae
I don't know if it actually is a swear-word or not (if so, I do apologize!), but I say "gorram" a lot. It's from the sci-fi/western "Firefly" (continued in the movie "Serenity" that came out in September), one of Joss Whedon's brilliant creations.

I also, sarcastically, say "Good times, good times," a lot. Like, I'll be telling someone about how my boss yelled at me, then I'll roll my eyes and say "Yep, good times, good times." I have no idea where it's from; one of my friends started saying it, and then I picked it up. It's probably from a movie or a television show, however.

And for some reason, I say "dude" a lot, too. Usually in the middle of insulting someone, like "Dude, learn to drive!" or "Dude! Way to be!" I am remarkably uncool.

Cool points for you. (I <3 Firefly.)

I also say "good times". I got it from my (much younger) sister who got it from one of her teachers, who is actually about my age, go figure.

I say a lot of weird things. I'm pretty weird. And also nerdy.
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleetha
I've been saying "I'm most displeased" a lot lately when I'm annoyed... but you know it really just doesn't have the same effect as when Darth Vader says it!
I like that one!
post #22 of 24
Ok, I say:

ya know?
no problem.
good times!
ummmmm.....no.
yeah, no.
nuuu-uhhhh
get out!
ummmmm, ok.

*** and I like to quote Will & Grace alot. They have alot of great lines in that show. Most of them may not be PG enough for TCS...
post #23 of 24
I don't think I really have a catch phrase, but I tend to use finger quotes quite liberally! My husband makes fun of me all the time.
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy
I use you know what I mean a lot.. and whatever and yeah right..hehe
Ugh sorry but I HATE it when people say "ya know what I mean" all the time. I used to work with a lady that said that CONSTANTLY. It drove me nuts and now I can't stand it. Although you probably don't say it as much as her. She said it after every sentence and if you didn't say yes she would repeat it until you said yeah.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Catch phrase?