TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › you will not believe what i did today
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

you will not believe what i did today - Page 2

post #31 of 51
I agree with everyone else Fran, you're best off out of it. Get things sorted with the laptop & stuff, and then cut all ties with Ben, you deserve better.




Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
Fran, I don't think it would go very far with the police - considering you lent him the laptop.
That makes no difference. If I lend someone my car for the day, doesn't mean they have the right to keep it, and the police would treat it as theft if reported.
post #32 of 51
sounds like this ben should be giver waster of the year award,your best off without him,and he will come craling back and u can have the satisfaction of telling him to go forth and mulitply him self (and if anyone dont know the meaning of that one pm me) you sound like a good person,enjoy your new life and be happy in the future, your better than him.
post #33 of 51
Thread Starter 
he is leaving to bulgaria in two weeks, i really dont know how he is going to afford all this, i just took my self out of the lease so i screw him with the appartment
post #34 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
he is leaving to bulgaria in two weeks, i really dont know how he is going to afford all this, i just took my self out of the lease so i screw him with the appartment
Maybe that's why he's so intent on keeping your stuff. You need to get things sorted before he leaves!
post #35 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
i dont care who is on my side, except for my lawyer and my mum n dad
We're on your side too!
post #36 of 51
Fran...when you make out your report with the police and go to court, watch how you phrase things.

Quote:
I gave it to him to use but if anything happened between us he has to return it or pay it off
If you GAVE him the laptop, he doesn't have to return it. If you LENT it to him, then its still yours to keep.

Secondly, (and I'm surprised no one else brought this up) a nice man helps you off the ground, and you jump on his motorcycle to chase your ex down? How did you know this man was going to remain nice to you? He could have taken you down a back alley and become an ax murderer! PLEASE! be more careful. I realize you were caught up in the moment, but you're important to the people in your life, not to mention to the people of this forum!

Hugs and support to you in this time. Ex-boyfriends can be such asses sometimes.
post #37 of 51
Hi, I'm sorry your ex is being such a complete and total a$$. Just some advice from personal experience, be careful. I had an ex who wound up stealing from me and when I went to the police he vandalized my car. I'm not saying your ex would do anything like that, but you never know how people are going to react when they feel provoked or threatened/defensive in some way. Best of luck in resolving the situation!!!
post #38 of 51
Wow Fran. I got to say I am really proud of you for sticking up for yourself like that. Way to go!!! But shame on you for just hopping onto a bike with a stranger!!!

At least Ben know knows that you are not a push over that he can merely toy with. Stand up for yourself.... next time he asks you for something you know exactly where to tell him to go!!! Don't let him get to you. Whats done is done.


Do you have called ID??? Don't answer the phone next time.
post #39 of 51
Fran i have to agree. I know they say revenge is sweet, but sometimes it's just not worth it.

Your best bet would be to hold your head up high, and move on with your life and not give him the satisfaction of knowing your bothered!
post #40 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets
Fran...when you make out your report with the police and go to court, watch how you phrase things.



If you GAVE him the laptop, he doesn't have to return it. If you LENT it to him, then its still yours to keep.

Secondly, (and I'm surprised no one else brought this up) a nice man helps you off the ground, and you jump on his motorcycle to chase your ex down? How did you know this man was going to remain nice to you? He could have taken you down a back alley and become an ax murderer! PLEASE! be more careful. I realize you were caught up in the moment, but you're important to the people in your life, not to mention to the people of this forum!

Hugs and support to you in this time. Ex-boyfriends can be such asses sometimes.

its not a motorcycle, its a vespa those scooters they use in italy alot..

now everyone just wish that, that moment was caught on tape
i swear if i had a license and a car i would have just smashed into his car even if there were people in it.. thats how crazy i was
post #41 of 51
Thread Starter 
I am moving back to my parents this week
I will be sad to leave here my thoughts keep on going back and forth.
But i know i have to do it.
post #42 of 51
That is good, take one decision at a time and let the future worry about itself. And look after yourself and the kits above all.
post #43 of 51
Fran, when you move out, make sure you take all your stuff (even if it means renting a van to move it), since your name is off the lease. Your (former) landlord will have no legal right to enter the apartment without Ben's permission, so he/she won't be able to help you. Tenants actually have more rights than landlords in Germany.
post #44 of 51
Fran I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. If it's any consolation I think you're doing the right thing getting out of there. Cut all ties with Ben - make sure that you have tied up all loose ends when you leave.

You have a bright future in front of you - things will work out
post #45 of 51
I have no advice that hasn't already been given...all I can offer is lots of hugs!
post #46 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
Fran, when you move out, make sure you take all your stuff (even if it means renting a van to move it), since your name is off the lease. Your (former) landlord will have no legal right to enter the apartment without Ben's permission, so he/she won't be able to help you. Tenants actually have more rights than landlords in Germany.
i am renting a van to move everything, I know what you mean tricia, i am being fair to ben by leaving some things here such as cutlery, kitchen, microwave telephone ect.

I keep on getting angry at him and wanting to strangle him
post #47 of 51
Are you allowed to take the cats to your parents, fwan?
post #48 of 51
Oh gosh please don't leave your kitties with that jerk. take them with you no matter what please!!!!!!!!!!!
post #49 of 51
Fran, I'm so sorry..I haven't been around and missed all this. I went through the same sort of relationship, only I was married to my jerk. In the end, I gave up everything just to get out. It meant letting him badmouth me to everyone, giving up my house and surrendering a lot of financial matters. It also meant that I could go on with my life. Do whatever you need to do te get away from him. He is obviously cruel (laughing as you fell and chased after him??? grrrr) and will continue to find ways to hurt you. The best thing you can do is move on and leave him to his own devices. Any reaction he gets from you only fuels his cruel nature. I hope that all of this works out for you, hon. Best of luck.
post #50 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
Are you allowed to take the cats to your parents, fwan?
Of course! my parents love cats.
post #51 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnicat
Fran, I'm so sorry..I haven't been around and missed all this. I went through the same sort of relationship, only I was married to my jerk. In the end, I gave up everything just to get out. It meant letting him badmouth me to everyone, giving up my house and surrendering a lot of financial matters. It also meant that I could go on with my life. Do whatever you need to do te get away from him. He is obviously cruel (laughing as you fell and chased after him??? grrrr) and will continue to find ways to hurt you. The best thing you can do is move on and leave him to his own devices. Any reaction he gets from you only fuels his cruel nature. I hope that all of this works out for you, hon. Best of luck.
Men well i am not giving up everything because he is a jerk, just because he has ruined my head by being a jerk that doesnt mean i have to surrender my things, i know he bad mouthes me to other people. But i am never going to forgive him for doing this to me.

Now it is a new chapter in my life, I am going to travel and literally start over in a new place when i find my home destination..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › you will not believe what i did today