I love salt and vinegar chips, especially Miss Vickie's. I went through a time where I ate a bag just about every day, at work, and it should have been declared a workplace hazard
I worked in a lab, using pure acetic acid for one of my daily experiments (Note to non-science people; vinegar is a 5% solution of acetic acid, the other 95% being water) Every time I smelled the acetic acid, I craved salt and vinegar chips!!
At least I could satisfy *that* craving at work... in another experiment I used ethanol (alcohol), and that smell made me crave a shot of vodka!
And speaking of wacky Canadian chip flavours, does anyone remember cherry, grape and orange chips? They were out for about 6 months back in the mid to late '70s, at least in Atlantic Canada, I don't know if they were ever anywhere else... Other odd ones I remember were roast chicken and hot dog with mustard.