TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Job Vent
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Job Vent

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I am SO GLAD i have applications in at other places right now. I am SO MAD. I was trying to do the right thing today. I am sicker than a dog, but I called this morning, and said I can work half my shift. The supervisor on in the morning, said OK no problem. thats FINE.

So I sign on at 3pm..and i am taking calls. it was busy ok cool. I was doing pretty good for being sick. Well Half way through my half of a shift the supervisor on now calls and asks me to clarify the note about me working til 7pm. I explained, and she tries to guilt me. "well four people called out today,one who is no longer with the company and all these other issues today we really need you on" I again repeated i am here for the first half of my shift (which is always the busiest) and I am sick and I HAVE to leave at 7, you can give me the whole occurance. I dont care. Well she than stated she called A (who is an upper and the schedule keeper but not the office manager) who stated i had to sign off now. or work my whole shift. And if i had a problem with that i could call her on her cell phone. well i have a HUGE problem with it. But i know if i called her the only thing she was going to do is berrate me. And threaten (like the time SHE CALLED and screamed at me for a no call no show..but it was my DAY OFF) so i said no thats fine I am signing off now.

So how is it One supervisor can ok it than the other can just go waay out of left field and be a beach about it. HELLO? not to mention this girls only been a sup for a short amount of time. GRR i am so mad. I am gonna put in for 2 hours of PTO time because of this..GRR
post #2 of 18
I have to say, when you work for a Call Center, not matter what type it is, you tend to be treated like dirt, no matter whether it's from the callers, or the management. I wish that most people new what it is like to work in this type of work. In fact, sometimes I think it should be a requirement to having a telephone line, that everyone should spend just ONE 8 hour day working as a Call Center Operator, then maybe they'd know how to act over the telephone.
post #3 of 18
sounds like a communicatin problem.
post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeHacker
I have to say, when you work for a Call Center, not matter what type it is, you tend to be treated like dirt, no matter whether it's from the callers, or the management. I wish that most people new what it is like to work in this type of work. In fact, sometimes I think it should be a requirement to having a telephone line, that everyone should spend just ONE 8 hour day working as a Call Center Operator, then maybe they'd know how to act over the telephone.
AMEN! AMEN!

Well I just spoke to my DIRECT Team leader and she is FUMEING shes mad mad mad. She says the one who did this CANT do it to me. So shes gonna get to the bottom of it. and than she is changeing my schedule. so i dont have to work with this girl much. She doesnt want me to quit. nor does the office manager. They say i am good at my job. plus i made the employee website.

*Le sigh*
post #5 of 18
At least your team leader is backing you. It definately sounds like there was a miscommunication. Hope she gets to the bottom of it for you!
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnicat
At least your team leader is backing you. It definately sounds like there was a miscommunication. Hope she gets to the bottom of it for you!

Yes my team lead is always in my corner. because i do work hard and i am great with the customers. Its because i hold myself to such a high level of customer service.

I am very very picky about the way i am treated on the phone or in a shop. I am the first one to complain,(i wont cause a scene but i will complain)

But I am usually also the first one to compliment because i know the job can be thankless.

I treat each of my customers as if they were personally paying my paycheck..because at the end of the day. THEY DO.
post #7 of 18
[quote=ScamperFarms]I

well i have a HUGE problem with it. But i know if i called her the only thing she was going to do is berrate me. And threaten (like the time SHE CALLED and screamed at me for a no call no show..but it was my DAY OFF) so i said no thats fine I am signing off now.

I own a small business and I would never stand for an employee to be talked to or treated the way you say you were. A happy staff is a productive staff. I have always told my staff if you are sick do not come to work. I would rather have you off one day than 4 off the next week.
Sounds like this girl may cause good workers to quit. I hope things get taken care of for you. Before starting my business I was on the other side of the paycheck and was treated pretty bad at some jobs. Just the idea of you wanting to go in work sick should say enough.
post #8 of 18
I love getting people like you when I call a business!
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms
<snip>...I treat each of my customers as if they were personally paying my paycheck..because at the end of the day. THEY DO.

That's all I can say ...
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
[quote=ravin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms
I

well i have a HUGE problem with it. But i know if i called her the only thing she was going to do is berrate me. And threaten (like the time SHE CALLED and screamed at me for a no call no show..but it was my DAY OFF) so i said no thats fine I am signing off now.

I own a small business and I would never stand for an employee to be talked to or treated the way you say you were. A happy staff is a productive staff. I have always told my staff if you are sick do not come to work. I would rather have you off one day than 4 off the next week.
Sounds like this girl may cause good workers to quit. I hope things get taken care of for you. Before starting my business I was on the other side of the paycheck and was treated pretty bad at some jobs. Just the idea of you wanting to go in work sick should say enough.
Thank you. Can i come work for you? LOL

Yes she has just been promoted and is all about starting trouble. a couple people have quit because of her, and more are thinking about it. Me included.
post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnicat
I love getting people like you when I call a business!
Thank you. I try to be professional. sometimes it gets tough, lol but you do what you can.
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

That's all I can say ...

heh thanks its the truth though! I am always kind to my clients when i am doing horse stuff, and such..so why wouldnt i be the same in my other jobs. Happy customers dont mind spending the money
post #13 of 18
[quote=ScamperFarms]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin

Thank you. Can i come work for you? LOL

Yes she has just been promoted and is all about starting trouble. a couple people have quit because of her, and more are thinking about it. Me included.
I did make the mistake of hiring someone like her one time. For some reason she was a very unhappy person and wanted everyone to be the same way. She lasted 4 days
My guess is if I really told you how my staff is treated you would want to move to Indiana I guess you make a better boss when you have worked most of your life for others. You learn to repect the people that make your business work. Bottom line without employees...without business!
Hang in there!
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
[quote=ravin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

I did make the mistake of hiring someone like her one time. For some reason she was a very unhappy person and wanted everyone to be the same way. She lasted 4 days
My guess is if I really told you how my staff is treated you would want to move to Indiana I guess you make a better boss when you have worked most of your life for others. You learn to repect the people that make your business work. Bottom line without employees...without business!
Hang in there!

Tehehehehe.....time to move..steve would feel at home..hes from Evansville
post #15 of 18
[quote=ScamperFarms]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin


Tehehehehe.....time to move..steve would feel at home..hes from Evansville

Then he would feel right at home not too far at all. I have a customer in your parts (somewhere) Ramsey I think? But I have never been there.
post #16 of 18
I work in a call center, too. Our problem is the anal-retentive ops manager micromanaging everyone.
post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
[quote=ravin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms


Then he would feel right at home not too far at all. I have a customer in your parts (somewhere) Ramsey I think? But I have never been there.

I know where that is tehehehe
post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katl8e
I work in a call center, too. Our problem is the anal-retentive ops manager micromanaging everyone.

It stinks. flat out. I havent heard back from my team lead yet but i am going to call her in the Am and see if she found anything out for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Job Vent