TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I'm kind of at the end of my rope...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm kind of at the end of my rope...

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Well, this morning has been the clincher for me. Mental breakdown, here I come! I'm supposed to go horseback riding with a few friends for my roommates birthday this morning, but when I got in my car to go....it wouldn't start. It won't even roll over. I'm thinking the battery is dead, but it seems fairly out of nowhere. This just feels like the straw that broke the camels back and I could really use some "stop raining on my parade" vibes, if anyone has any. I know it'll help a little bit to just tell you guys about it, so here's why I feel like I'm losing it.

A couple of weeks ago, a very close family friend died. I had known him for 13 years. He was a teacher with my mom, my 5th grade teacher, and practically part of the family. He was only in his late 50's. On top of that, the woman who is executor of his will is making a mess of things. She's been lying and destroying papers and unfortunately we don't have any proof that these papers existed beforehand, so there's not much we can do about it. All my family and this man's other close friends want is for his wishes to be carried out, and this woman (the executor) won't even give his close friends pictures that the man had of all of them or even a small trinket to remember him by. It's really been so upsetting. On top of that, the air in my car died. I've been driving in the Florida heat for 2 weeks now without air, and was actually going to get it fixed today...before my car decided to it didn't want to start at all. Another thing that's been so stressful has been the visitation center. We had to move buildings and the building we've been put in is a "sick" building. I have no idea what we're going to do. Things are not the way they were promised to us and the visits this past weekend were simply CHAOTIC! Not to mention our coordinator, the woman who holds everything together and is such an amazing support system, has put in her 2weeks. Lastly, one of my cousins keeps getting herself into trouble. She's going to be 26 in a matter of weeks and has a little girl, yet she's getting into fights and went to jail last week. She won't take responsibility for her actions and only wants to blame my aunt. Things just are feeling a bit overwhelming right now, and I could really use some good vibes for everything to sort itself out.

Thank you guys so much for listening to my really long rant. I needed to get that off of my chest, and there's not many people that I could just pour it all on like that!
post #2 of 27
I hope things turn around in the luck department for you soon!!
I'll send you all the good vibes I can!!! {{{{ }}}}
post #3 of 27
It always seem to happen all at once too, doesn't it

Lots of {{{{good luck}}}} vibes coming your way, you sure need some at the moment


I know from past experience that wills can be dodgy things, and money does strange things to even the nicest folk. Both my Dad and I have appointed a firm of solicitors as executors for our estates, that way there's no way they can get spiteful about things. I don't think there's anything worse than losing someone you love, then having someone else make the situation harder for you. You have my fullest sympathy
post #4 of 27
Katherine!!!
You need:
1. BIG GROUP HUGS
2. A nice, hot bubble bath
3. Chocolate,
4. Head butts from Waffle
5. Peace of mind....and, just...peace
I am so sorry for you to be going through all this right now my friend. When it rains, it pours, huh? I am so sorry for your family's loss and that his executor is being such a .
As far as your car problem goes, it may be the battery or it may be the alternator, which starts the car. Mine has gone out on my Saturn before, too.
I hope things get better on all regards- work, car, family (cousin and recent loss)....my thoughts and prayers are with you now. Sending you tons of hope-things-get-better-REAL-soon vibes!!! {{{{{}}}}}
post #5 of 27
I send you a big hug and good ((((((vibes)))))) for strenght to get though all this. It is so typical for things to have to happen all at once, and when we cant really handle them since many other things have been going on.

I agree on the neccesity of a hot aromatherpy oil bath and some chocolate! That wont fix the problems but it will make you feel better, at least for a while
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaimes
Katherine!!!
You need:
1. BIG GROUP HUGS
2. A nice, hot bubble bath
3. Chocolate,
4. Head butts from Waffle
5. Peace of mind....and, just...peace

Oh my ...Dear Kath......Amy couldn´t say better!
You has my ears to listen to you everytime that you needed!
post #7 of 27
Katherine! I'm so sorry things are going this way for you! Amy had some good advice. I'm sending prayers from me and Headbutts from Oliver and Tripod.
post #8 of 27
Thread Starter 
Thank you all so much! I knew you guys would help me to feel at least a little bit better. Everything does just seem to pile up and right when you think you're handling things ok, something happens that makes you fall to pieces! All of your hugs, wishes, and vibes are SO appreciated. I seriously can't thank you enough.

I definitely agree that a bath would be a nice treat. It doesn't look like I'll be able to get to it today, but tomorrow evening is looking pretty good! Waffle's definitely already been doing her part to make me feel better, as has Brendan who picked me up and drove me the hour back to Ormond Beach so that I could go horseback riding with my friends and forget about my stupid car and everything else for a little while. We're working on the car now.

Thank you guys so much, you really are the best there is!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by katspixiedust
Waffle's definitely already been doing her part to make me feel better, as has Brendan who picked me up and drove me the hour back to Ormond Beach
I knew Waffle and Brendan would step up to the plate.
post #10 of 27
Well, I'm hoping for some good fortune for you!
Sending all the vibes I can!

Also, good for Waffle..cats are great for this sort of thing
post #11 of 27
I will add prayers & {{good fortune vibes}} to those already sent!! And {{win the state lottery - BIG}} vibes, too but when you win, please sponsor a TCS vacation to see CoolCAT (check out http://www.yucatantoday.com/destinat...ng-merida.htm), after hurricane season!!
post #12 of 27
"Stop raining on Katherine's parade" vibes coming your way. From now on only good things for you.
post #13 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purity
It always seem to happen all at once too, doesn't it

Lots of {{{{good luck}}}} vibes coming your way, you sure need some at the moment


I know from past experience that wills can be dodgy things, and money does strange things to even the nicest folk. Both my Dad and I have appointed a firm of solicitors as executors for our estates, that way there's no way they can get spiteful about things. I don't think there's anything worse than losing someone you love, then having someone else make the situation harder for you. You have my fullest sympathy
Thank you so much. The whole thing with the executor has just been so awful. My mom fully intends to tell her that she would like some pictures and perhaps a teapot (as she collects them) of his to remember him by. The executor is from Connecticut and the people who care about the deceased down here in Florida have been trying to get her to do things for those who loved him here, but it's been such a struggle. My mom actually offered to set up a memorial service for him and to put the information in the paper but she continually tells her not to saying that she'll take care of it! Eventually she DID set up a memorial service (that I couldn't attend, and was pretty upset about it) but she NEVER put anything about it in the paper! It's only been through word of mouth that those who care about him have found out about his passing. AH. It's just so upsetting. This man had no family, his close friends WERE his family. He deserves so much more than his executor has been doing for him, and it's so upsetting because the more that happens the more everyone is feeling like this woman is just thinking about the money she's getting. It's good to hear that someone understands about how rough these things can be!
post #14 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme
I will add prayers & {{good fortune vibes}} to those already sent!! And {{win the state lottery - BIG}} vibes, too but when you win, please sponsor a TCS vacation to see CoolCAT (check out http://www.yucatantoday.com/destinat...ng-merida.htm), after hurricane season!!
Thanks for all the prayers and vibes, and I PROMISE that if I win the lottery I'll begin setting up a convention/vacation for all TCS members! The Yucatan looks BEAUTIFUL!
post #15 of 27
Thread Starter 
Thanks again everyone. Just seeing that people care enough to send me good vibes lifts my spirits. TCS really is the best place on the web!!

We managed to jump start my car, but it took a while as the battery was just not having it. I now have a new battery and it's running fine. I also got my oil changed and put some freeon in. Still no air, but we need to put a lot more of the stuff in to find out for sure. That will be finished tomorrow. HOPEFULLY that will work and it won't have to go to the shop for the day. If the air is toast that will be quite a hefty bill!

I'm hoping this was the last of the "things gone wrong" to land on my plate for a while. Fall semester starts on Monday and I'm looking forward to a smooth, no huge problems final semester!
post #16 of 27
My life isn't quit as bad, but is bad too. All we can do is try to help ourselves, and count on our closest family and friends for support in our time of need. Hope things start looking up for you!!
post #17 of 27
Thread Starter 
Has anyone ever seen the male emu mating dance?!?! I just did about half an hour ago on Animal Planet, and let me tell you, it doesn't matter HOW down/frustrated/annoyed you may be it WILL brighten your mood. I could not stop laughing! Brendan and I were literally in fits of laughter for a good ten minutes. Thank goodness for random things like that! Best laugh I've had in a while!!! It was like a sigh of relief after today!
post #18 of 27
Adding my good vibes in and sending you good vibes for the Fall semester!
post #19 of 27
Wow, that is a lot of frustration to deal with! I sure hope things look up as you begin the next semester. Glad you got the car running again!
post #20 of 27
Sorry you're going through a rough patch right now, Kat. It always seems like when you've taken all the crap you can take, 500 more pounds of crap falls on your face. I wish I could do something to make you feel better (like taking you out for a beer or two) Hang in there and remember----like all things, this too will pass.
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaimes
[b]Katherine!!!
You need:
1. BIG GROUP HUGS
2. A nice, hot bubble bath
3. Chocolate,
4. Head butts from Waffle
5. Peace of mind....and, just...peace
I am so sorry for you to be going through all this right now my friend. When it rains, it pours, huh? I am so sorry for your family's loss and that his executor is being such a .
B]

4. (EDITED) Head butts from Sasha, Sandy, and little Saba.

Amy said it perfectly. I am so sorry too!!!!!
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by katspixiedust
Has anyone ever seen the male emu mating dance?!?! I just did about half an hour ago on Animal Planet, and let me tell you, it doesn't matter HOW down/frustrated/annoyed you may be it WILL brighten your mood. I could not stop laughing! Brendan and I were literally in fits of laughter for a good ten minutes. Thank goodness for random things like that! Best laugh I've had in a while!!! It was like a sigh of relief after today!
At least the randomness of the emu has brough a smile to your face!

I hope things start looking up for you ASAP! Cars can be so annoying - if it's not one thing, it's another!

Sending lots of 'Smooth Ride For Katherine' }}}VIBES{{{
post #23 of 27
Thread Starter 
You guys are all so wonderful! I'm feeling much less overwhelmed today. I like to feel like I have a handle on things and I know what's going on, so when everything goes haywire I keep things together as best I can...but that doesn't always last. Yesterday being a great example! It's so nice to know how much support there is from everyone at TCS. Thanks you guys, you all rock!
post #24 of 27
I'm glad things are better today You don't need to have any more bad days for a LONG TIME NOW!!!!

I wanted to send you a surprise card to cheer you up, but Susie said you're not on the mailing list, foiling my element of surprise.

So.....SURPRISE! Cheer up!
post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaimes
I'm glad things are better today You don't need to have any more bad days for a LONG TIME NOW!!!!

I wanted to send you a surprise card to cheer you up, but Susie said you're not on the mailing list, foiling my element of surprise.

So.....SURPRISE! Cheer up!
That's weird, I should be on it. I gave her my info. I guess I'll just have to send it again. Thanks for the surprise, Amy, and thanks for making me privvy to the fact that my info somehow got lost in the shuffle!
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by katspixiedust
That's weird, I should be on it. I gave her my info. I guess I'll just have to send it again. Thanks for the surprise, Amy, and thanks for making me privvy to the fact that my info somehow got lost in the shuffle!
Well, now that I have your address....you'll get a card, even though I've ruined the element of surprise
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaimes
Well, now that I have your address....you'll get a card, even though I've ruined the element of surprise
Awwwwww Amy, I'm still really excited!! It's so rare to get anything from friends in regular mail these days! Thank you so much in advance!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I'm kind of at the end of my rope...