TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Will all the seagulls please BE QUIET!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Will all the seagulls please BE QUIET!!!

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
An open letter to the all the seagulls:

Dear seagulls,

I'm an animal lover for sure - but I really, REALLY want to close your beaks somehow!!
Yes, I know I live by the ocean, that's fine, you are entitled to co-exist with me.
But I don't work by the ocean, and you are constantly flying with your SCREEEEETCH and I just want you to shut up.

I mean, what is your problem? You have everything you want right now. You have the sea (as per the name seagull - you must like it right?), you have all the garbage and food that all these downtown ninnies throw around everywhere, you have people to scare and attack (one of your kind flew by me and screetched RIGHT in my ear so I was almost deaf for the rest of the night, and I could still hear it echoing in my mind).

WHY? why must you continue to screetch?

Sincerely,
Journey of TCS
post #2 of 26
Dear Journey of TCS,

Becase we can.

Sincerely,
The Seagulls

post #3 of 26
I get them where i live as well because the rivers just at the bottom of my street.

I threw some bread in the yard for the birds last week and there was a huge seagull landed on my wall. Sophie couldn't take her eyes off it!
post #4 of 26
Seagulls crack me up. I wasn't a huge Finding Nemo fan, but boy did they nail the Seagulls.

Mine!

Mine!

Mine!
post #5 of 26
Awww, I love the sound of seagulls.
post #6 of 26
Seagulls drive me nuts sometimes. I had this one stalk me with his buddies at the beach when they saw us eating fries. But then I befriended one another time too. I think his name was Franc. This is him (or her). I found the picture.

post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrawfish
Seagulls crack me up. I wasn't a huge Finding Nemo fan, but boy did they nail the Seagulls.

Mine!

Mine!

Mine!

I was going to say that!! Except, I loved Finding Nemo.
post #8 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles
Seagulls drive me nuts sometimes. I had this one stalk me with his buddies at the beach when they saw us eating fries. But then I befriended one another time too. Somewhere I have his picture. I think his name was Frank.

Reminds me of a "deep thoughts" quote.
post #9 of 26
I made the mistake once of feeding a seagull, we were stuck, in our car on the beach for twenty minutes until some dumb guy came along and made the same mistake.
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by journey

Reminds me of a "deep thoughts" quote.



post #11 of 26
they can get annoying but i do love them, i was going for a bike ride once and saw one on the ground, it looked dead so i kept going, on the way home i rode past him again and was sure he was in a different position so i stopped to check and he was very much alive, not in the best condition though

i wrapped him up in my jumper and rode home with him.

he had something wrong with his wing, i put him in my bedroom and brought some water for him which he drank and he ate a little too which was good, i couldn't get too close because when birds are in shock they act very friendly, they aren't tame though, just scared.

i named him steven seagull and texed jeff, he texed me back telling me to leave it where it was and i told him i already had it at home with me (i was still living with mum at the time) this must have been when jeff first realised what i was like with animals and it was so funny.

i ended up taking steven to a native wildlife carer, i don't know what happened to him but i like to think he's back in the sky screetching and looking for opportunity's to grab fries
post #12 of 26
Maybe the seagulls are thinking the same thing about YOU?!
post #13 of 26
While I was on my road trip we had stopped on Treasure Island in Florida. We were sitting out in my car eating McDonald's for lunch when a little seagull landed in front of my door, looking pitiful. Since it was only the one and I felt bad for him, I threw him a few french fries.

Boy, was that a mistake!!! SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!

All his little friends then surrounded my car. I stopped feeding them and one by one they went away except for the first one. Who continued to sit in front of my door, screeching, as if he demanded I feed him!
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrawfish
Seagulls crack me up. I wasn't a huge Finding Nemo fan, but boy did they nail the Seagulls.

Mine!

Mine!

Mine!
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by journey
Dear seagulls,

WHY? why must you continue to screetch?

Sincerely,
Journey of TCS
Wait......I know this one. Is it cause they haven't lost their voices?
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulBear629
While I was on my road trip we had stopped on Treasure Island in Florida. We were sitting out in my car eating McDonald's for lunch when a little seagull landed in front of my door, looking pitiful. Since it was only the one and I felt bad for him, I threw him a few french fries.

Boy, was that a mistake!!! SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!

All his little friends then surrounded my car. I stopped feeding them and one by one they went away except for the first one. Who continued to sit in front of my door, screeching, as if he demanded I feed him!
Seagulls give a new meaning to the phrase "Keep your eyes on your fries". This is an actual sign on all doors leading out of the food fair area of the Granville Island Market, to the outer decks, where people like to take their food -- with good reason -- it's lovely sitting by False Creek while eating, but the gulls think so too, and they want their cut -- like 110%...

post #17 of 26
Have you checked your head lately for a bulleye and do you own a white car?



Over here there are strips of upside down rubber nails for keeping birds off signs etc, maybe you could try something like that?
post #18 of 26
I live in Porirua - the SeaGull capital of the world!
post #19 of 26
I grew up in Florida so I feel your pain. There are actually quite a few seagulls here in chicago too, down by the lake, but we live far enough from the lake that they don't bother me with their incessant babbling. There were many a night in Florida that I wished I knew how to/ could be heartless enough to shoot the little buggers, kept me awake MANY times since we lived right on the ocean.
post #20 of 26
Try having them as your state bird
post #21 of 26
The seagulls here in Florida have never been a problem for me. Actually, the birds that live near the ocean are my absolute favorite! I love watching them glide over the ocean or run along the shore!

What I DO have a problem with are the squirrels at UCF! They are completely devoid (and I'm NOT exaggerating) of FEAR when it comes to humans thanks to so many people feeding them!! Last year I had a squirrel JUMP ON MY LAP when I was eating french fries!!! I swatted him away but he wouldn't leave. And it's no stretch to say there's one waiting near you everytime you eat. It's really quite creepy.
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by katspixiedust
The seagulls here in Florida have never been a problem for me. Actually, the birds that live near the ocean are my absolute favorite! I love watching them glide over the ocean or run along the shore!

What I DO have a problem with are the squirrels at UCF! They are completely devoid (and I'm NOT exaggerating) of FEAR when it comes to humans thanks to so many people feeding them!! Last year I had a squirrel JUMP ON MY LAP when I was eating french fries!!! I swatted him away but he wouldn't leave. And it's no stretch to say there's one waiting near you everytime you eat. It's really quite creepy.
I'd have fainted if a squirl just jumped in my lap! From what I hear, they are pretty much like that at DSU too.
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles
I'd have fainted if a squirl just jumped in my lap! From what I hear, they are pretty much like that at DSU too.
I definitely let out a nice little squeal when I looked down and saw his beady little eyes staring up at me. The guy sitting at the table next to us could not stop laughing! I felt like the squirrel and I were having a showdown!
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by journey

Reminds me of a "deep thoughts" quote.


Oh that's funny!

Saturday Night Live - Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy
post #25 of 26
We have a red tailed hawk (a youngster I think!!) that circles our property morning afternoon and evening. Or he sits in one of the trees and squawks!!! I'm guessing its a male I'll have to find him in the binoculars to make sure!!!
We have those pesky seaugull too. But as we don't like by the ocean is think the name is "lake gulls"
post #26 of 26
Are they a Flock of Seagulls
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Will all the seagulls please BE QUIET!!!