TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › my russian blue
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my russian blue

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 



this is barnaby whos currantly recovering at home hes had kidney troubles.but on the mend hes over 15 years old so a bit of a cranky old puss,but loves his lap cuddles.
post #2 of 14
well hello there Barnaby - arent you just ADORABLE

get better quickly
post #3 of 14
Hi, Barnaby! You are a handsome gentleman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum



this is barnaby whos currantly recovering at home hes had kidney troubles.but on the mend hes over 15 years old so a bit of a cranky old puss,but loves his lap cuddles.
post #4 of 14
Barnaby is quite the handsome gentleman. Glad to hear he is on the mend and thank you for posting a picture of him!!!
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
hes asleep on his dads lap at the mo,still pretty zonked out from the medication.the other 2 have hidden them selves away some where
barnaby knows hes a good looking cat (bit of a big head ) and wraps everyone around his little claw
any ideas on how to get him to take his tablets?? as hes a wild one when it comes to his meds ill just have to stock up on some band aids
post #6 of 14
I hate pilling cats. In America - we have a pill shooter - I don't know if you have anything like that in the UK. Here is one below. You put the pill in the end and shoot the plunger forward so it goes back in the throat.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1120912783879
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiva
I hate pilling cats. In America - we have a pill shooter - I don't know if you have anything like that in the UK. Here is one below. You put the pill in the end and shoot the plunger forward so it goes back in the throat.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1120912783879
here i will have to wrap him in a towel and with husbands help place pill down his throat,then pick pill up off floor and clean it and try again.afterwards apply lots of antiseptic to our cuts n scratches
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
here i will have to wrap him in a towel and with husbands help place pill down his throat,then pick pill up off floor and clean it and try again.afterwards apply lots of antiseptic to our cuts n scratches


Poor baby. He may not be a young kitty anymore but he sure is still a cutie!!!!!!
post #9 of 14
He sure is pretty!
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
here i will have to wrap him in a towel and with husbands help place pill down his throat,then pick pill up off floor and clean it and try again.afterwards apply lots of antiseptic to our cuts n scratches
i have to give sara a pill every other day, by myself...

put him on a surface like a table or counter(chest level), give him a treat, stick a tiny bit of hairball meds on the tip of your finger(right hand), stick the pill to it, lean over him so that he is between your body and your inner (left)arm, use that (left) hand to push on the sides of their mouth till it opens(they will struggle, just hold him tighter between your arm and body, it wont hurt him), with the other hand(the one with hairball meds on it) insert your finger to the back of his throat and rub the pill on the back of the tongue, take your finger out then hold his mouth closed for a few seconds afterwards, then immediatley give him a treat...
i have done this with every cat i have ever owned and i dont think i have ever had to try again... it should take less than a minute and the best part, no scratches!!! it may take a few tries to get it right, and it is alot easier than it sounds! (if you are left handed, you can do it the opposite way)

...or if you get the pill thing that was mentioned, that would work too! i actually didnt know they made such a thing!
post #11 of 14
Another truly beautiful breed. My husband loves the Russian Blue and the Abyssinians (sp?).

Of course I don't recall ever seeing a cat I didn't think was beautiful.
post #12 of 14
Thread Starter 
hes loving all the attention at the mo

heres a piccy of the other 2,cant get a decent piccy of them as they dont stay still long enough
post #13 of 14
Awww! He's a sweetie!
post #14 of 14
What a handsome gentleman you are Barnaby.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › my russian blue