My heart is still beating fast and I'm shaking like a leaf! Earlier I noticed my refrigerator wasn't working so I looked behind it and it looked like the plug had slipped out. I couldn't see real well because it is dark back there. Anyway, I stuck a broomstick in there to push the plug back in all the way and a fire started. Not just sparks but a full blown fire! So I called the fire department. By the time they got here the fire appeared to be out. But they came in and shut off all the power, moved the fridge out and unplugged it. When they unplugged it sparks still came out even though the main power was out. So they chopped the wall out with an axe to make sure there wasn't a fire inside the walls. They disconected the wiring to that outlet and said it should be fine for me. I felt bad for calling them but they said not to feel bad because if I hadn't noticed it or called them, I might not be here tomorrow to talk about it. It was a very dangerous situation! Scared the crap out of me because last night there was a big fire in an apartment building in Ogden (a city not far from here) and something like 18 families lost their home and all their posessions. Some even lost their cats. Fires are bad news! YIKES!!
post #1 of 26
3/2/04 at 7:05pm