Where's your cat's favorite nap spot?

kittyxsasha12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Kitty's favorite spot is on on a folded quilt on the couch, and my other cat Sasha's favorite spot is on a red blanket on my bed

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute thread idea

Cassidy's favorite place to nap is in the "cuddle cup" variety of cat bed. She likes to snuggle deep down into comfortable, cozy fabric. She'd much prefer to sleep in bed with me, but she'll only really snuggle on the bed if I'm laying down with her. So, really, it's her special Cassie bed that fits her bill. It's a deep bed lined with sheepskin (the outer layer is corduroy) and she fits perfectly inside it. You'd think a kitty with long fur would prefer not to be so snuggled and swathed in fabric, but she napped in that same bed all summer long. She's such a cutie -- I definitely need to snap a pic or two of her in her cat bed.

Delaney's favorite napping spot is...anywhere that she can fit inside or into. It's gotten to the point that I no longer can keep the door closed and I've even taken to adding a comfy cat pad, pillow, or blanket in the crate so she has something soft to lay on. She also loves the cat condo I purchased especially for her. She likes to lay in the top cubby hole and so that she can wack whichever poor critter happens to saunter past -- be it the dog, one of the other cats, or, yes, even me. But she's too cute to scold and she just looks so comfy. Yeah, I know, I'm preachin' to the choir here
!

Emory's napping place is on any one of the shelves on the cat tree. She especially likes being on top, but that's just because she likes being as high up as possible. She'll also lay in one of the cat beds, but only if Cass or Laney have taken to the cat tree. She doesn't much like being disturbed while she's napping -- but, really, who can blame her?

All 3 of the cats will choose laying and cuddling in bed with me over any one of their favorite cat-napping spots, but they also have very distinct personalities when it comes to sleeping. Cassie likes being under the covers, Delaney likes to be either on top of me or under all of the blankets, and Emory's happy so long as she can have one part of her touching one part of me. And, they also like to snuggle with one another as well -- it's not unusual to find them all piled on top of one another or all cuddled up together in either a cat bed, my bed, or any other random place of their liking.

Watching a kitty (or kitties!) napping is one of my favorite activities and talking about this tonight has made me so unbelievably happy and peaceful that I need to go snuggle each of my cats before heading to bed myself -- or, rather, heading to bed with my doggies and kitties in bed with me
. Thanks for posting this. It's really made my night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyxsasha12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean about watching cats sleep, they look so cute and peaceful, and I have to try to refrain from petting them (specially Kitty, she gives me the evil eye if I wake her up). Delaney reminds me of Sasha when she was little, she would try to nap in anything she could fit in including tiny woven baskets, where I had to put a little blanket in because it seemed very uncomfortable. When it gets cold Sasha tends to go under the covers, but I have to wonder if she can even breathe lol, but I guess she can since she sleeps under them so often.

I completely forgot to mention where they nap at night, Kitty sleeps on the blanket that Sasha sleeps on during the day on my bed, and Sasha sleeps on my stomach for most of the night, or right next to it (not so much anymore since I accidentally squished her after turning over
)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my cats will nap in a bed

Kizzy's fav spot right now: my daughters dresser
Kiwi likes under my bed
Kitchi will nap anywhere.

Though all 3 of them at certain times of the day, can be found at the very top of my stairs. (usually when we're going to bed, all the kitties will be snoozing at the top, or on one of the top few stairs)

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shark's favourite napping place was the washing basket...empty or not
Then my sister bought her a radiator cat bed which she uses now, thank goodness.

Arwen will nap anywhere, although she seems to be kipping behind the toilet door more often and we keep accidentally squishing her when we go in....apart from that she will sleep on a blanket on my bed.

Brandy very rarely sleeps inside, but when he does it's on the sofa.

lvh01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tetley loves to sleep on our couch or hidden away under one of the end tables. Pekoe, on the other hand, loves to sleep on my bed propped up against the pillows. We have a microfiber (heated) blanket and I'm beginning to think that he loves it more than me! Hahaha.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hercules sleeps either on the kitchen table or in the bay window that the table is in front of. Fatman is either in bed or under bed sleeping sometimes he steals the dogs bed when he feels like being snarky. And GiGi sleeps on the back of the couch in front of the window most times once in a while she will stretch out on the bed. At night we generally have atleast Fatman and GiGi in bed with us and lately Herc has been crawling up to my pillow to sleep too...Geez when it gets colder imagine how stuffed the bed will be with 2 humans 3 cats and a dog!! Holy potatoes!!

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sophie hasn't picked just one spot yet. :p Of course, she doesn't yet have access to the entire house (I was waiting 'til she got a little bigger before starting the introductions to my 3 big dogs), so she'll have new spots to choose from eventually, but for now, she stays on the 2nd floor (mostly just in my bedroom).

If I'm in the room with her (which is most of the time - I'm currently unemployed and just can't resist spending time with her), she goes for the normal spots...in my lap, in my desk chair (usually if I've just vacated it, when it's warm for her!), on her bed on the window seat, or simply on the floor with her toys (she has the tendency to pass out in mid-play with her paws wrapped around a toy - talk about cuteness overload!). She has also recently discovered the joys of a laundry basket filled with warm, straight-from-the-dryer clean clothes or bedding.

When I'm not in the room, however, she prefers to hide. Her favorite hiding place is behind my entertainment center, which she accesses by crawling through the hole in the back where the DVD and cable box cords run through. This has, of course, necessitated my having to keep my TV, DVD player, and cable box unplugged, as she has to crawl THROUGH the cables/power cords to get to her little den (she doesn't show any interest in chewing/playing with the cables, but I'm not taking chances - plus she has already disconnected the cable box a few times squeezing past it). Luckily I don't watch much TV, or I'd spend half the day plugging and unplugging my electronics!
It keeps me honest about moving the furniture to dust regularly though - the first time she emerged from her hiding place, she had a cobweb stuck to one of her ears!

cd1515

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
found mine asleep on top of the cable box the other day.
guess she was cold.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her two favorite are on top of the back of the sofa on the middle section, and on the king size decorative pillow I keep at the foot of the bed on my side. She also loves to sleep on my husband's computer chair or on her scratching pad.

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
On my chest or lap, depends if I'm sitting up or laying down. No matter where she is as soon as she gets tired enough for a nap she'll find me, jump on my chest (or lap) and pass out, lol.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Larry's favorite spot is under the quilt on the bed. He thinks he's really hiding, but I can see the lump.

He also likes to nap on one of the chairs under the dining table. Anywhere he thinks he can't be seen.

He does sleep on the couch next to me, if I'm on there watching TV or reading. And always with one paw out, touching my arm, or my leg.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I never know where I'm going to find a napping kitty! Clothes baskets (only the clean clothes of course) are a big favorite. Empty boxes is another one, especially for Missy and Corky. Right now we have 2 empty 12 soda boxes laying in the kitchen just for them so my house looks a mess. Little One is the one that cracks me up though. Her new favorite sleeping place.....a skillet!
I was unloading the dishwasher the other day and got sidetracked so didn't put all the pots and pans in the cabinet and later that night found Little One curled up in a ball in my skillet, fast asleep! That's where she is right now in fact. I just don't have the heart to take it aways from her. She also likes my pie plates....strange cat.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two like to vary the places where they nap. At the moment Swanie is nestled into a pile of coats and sweaters I temporarily laid on the recliner chair and Cindy is upstairs, probably either on our bed or on the floor in the hallway outside DH's office.

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ku Ku's nap spot - not too sure if that's her favorite, though - is always next to her meowmy: between me & the back of my chair when I'm working on computer(and eventually took over the space
...), right next to me while putting her paws on either my stomach or one of my thigh when I'm sitting on a couch watching TV or relaxing...

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Honestly, I never know where I'm going to find a napping kitty! Clothes baskets (only the clean clothes of course) are a big favorite. Empty boxes is another one, especially for Missy and Corky. Right now we have 2 empty 12 soda boxes laying in the kitchen just for them so my house looks a mess. Little One is the one that cracks me up though. Her new favorite sleeping place.....a skillet!
I was unloading the dishwasher the other day and got sidetracked so didn't put all the pots and pans in the cabinet and later that night found Little One curled up in a ball in my skillet, fast asleep! That's where she is right now in fact. I just don't have the heart to take it aways from her. She also likes my pie plates....strange cat.
I can see why!
I bet you have to check every spot, appliance, cabinet, closet, drawer, for kitties
!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

Larry's favorite spot is under the quilt on the bed. He thinks he's really hiding, but I can see the lump.
Jack does that... he burrows under my blankets on the bed... only he usually leaves a back paw or his tail sticking out...

JoJo will nap anywhere I've just gotten up from. Or if I'm sitting down, she must be right next to me... or on me.

Amanda

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newt likes to sleep in the sunshine on our living room windowsill. Her other favourite place is on my lap (she's curled up asleep on my knee as I type this!). She also likes to sleep in the folds of a banket my Grandma crocheted for me and she is terrible for stealing recently vacated seats. Ripley likes to sleep on an old sleeping bag which is on our spare bed and in the drawers under our bed. Occasionally she will curl up next to me on the sofa or I'll wake up and find her snuggled up to me on the bed.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In the morning, Hannah's favorite spot is on our bed, preferably with DH sleeping in it. (He's out of work right now.) In the afternoon, she moves to the ball (big round fluffy bed) by our bed. Callie sleeps in the hallway closet on a pillow in the mornings. In the afternoon, she'll either sleep in the window hammock thing in the middle bedroom, or down on the towel in the window sill of the window next to my bed.