Love chili, and will make several different variations.... plus there is "me" chili and DH chili.
Many variations on spices.
- either a mixture of beans OR gr. beef OR gr. chicken/turkey
- large can spag sauce ( I use a hot n' spicy one)
- can crushed tomatoes (I don't like chunks of tomatoes)
- brown beans (if not making bean chili)
- kidney beans (if not making bean chili)
- if it is bean chili, included are a 5bean medly, plus white and red kidneys, lentils, and whatever other bean I have.
- tomato soup
- mushrooms, gr. peppers, onions, spinach
- spices: chili powder, cayenne pepper and garlic.
All quantities dependant on which crockpot I'm using (3, 5, or 7qt) and spices dependant on my tastebuds that day.
Since quitting smoking, I can NOT eat my chili with the amount of hot spices that I used to use..... so mine is toned down, DH's is spicy, and my kids don't eat it.
I love making chili..... so easy, and it freezes so wonderfully.