A food called Prowl?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a small bag the other day to try it out. From what I gather it is a raw food that is dehydrated. I haven't tried it, but was wondering if anyone else has tried it?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is a decent dehydrate and a great intro to raw ... IMHO the safest way to intro raw ... but NO CAT I have will or has ever liked it ... dogs loved it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kody's Mom

I got the small sample bag of it, but Kody wouldn't even take a taste.

Anne
This is what I'm afriad of. My guess is that her royal highness Princess Picky Pants won't even smell it. With the boys it's a toss up.

slovaksalony

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone used Prowl to treat a cat with food allegies? Currently I'm feeding my cat Hills Z/D and while she is no longer getting huge infected boils in her mouth she is still licking the back of her legs and it gives her an upset stomach (vomits frequently) so I'm looking into something with very little ingredients in it.

Prowl's website is very impressive and the 3rd party online reviews I've found for it all generally very very favorable but I haven't found much about allergy treatment (Except on their website, which is very reassuring but still...it's the company website so I'm taking it with a grain of salt).

Thanks for any input!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SlovakSalony

Has anyone used Prowl to treat a cat with food allegies? Currently I'm feeding my cat Hills Z/D and while she is no longer getting huge infected boils in her mouth she is still licking the back of her legs and it gives her an upset stomach (vomits frequently) so I'm looking into something with very little ingredients in it.

Prowl's website is very impressive and the 3rd party online reviews I've found for it all generally very very favorable but I haven't found much about allergy treatment (Except on their website, which is very reassuring but still...it's the company website so I'm taking it with a grain of salt).

Thanks for any input!
IMHO based on ingredients I would not use it for the first foods after z/d... it has Potatoes and flax both of which are known cat allergens .... also Rosemary is Known to cause tummy issues ..

what foods were tried before ?? You can pm me if you would like

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fattykitty

I don't really think Prowl is that great-way too high on veggies and it's cooked (it has to to be called "human grade")
Human grade is ACTUALLY not technically allowed as a term in the pet food industry...

supposedly it is all freeze dried ... IMHO I do think some of it is more than blanched ( ie is cooked), I have used the cat and dog ( dog went over well cats would not touch )... I too am not thrilled with the high veggie amount ...

fattykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Human grade is ACTUALLY not technically allowed as a term in the pet food industry...

supposedly it is all freeze dried ... IMHO I do think some of it is more than blanched ( ie is cooked), I have used the cat and dog ( dog went over well cats would not touch )... I too am not thrilled with the high veggie amount ...
I know-that's why I put it in apostrophes.