What island is this? 10,000 points!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of you know I am very much a former vagabond who travelled to all ends of the earth. Islands were a big favorite of mine. I was shocked last week when Kai Bengals knew right away that I had taken the photo on Molokai. This week it should not be so easy.

What Island am I standing on? The small ones in the background are part of the main and make a very nice swim.

OK, this one should be hard so I am giving a hint right off the bat. The official language of this island is Spanish. You MUST provide the correct name in SPANISH to win the points. I do not expect any quick winners this time but go ahead and prove me wrong again!

Only one guess per username, please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Isla de Pascua - Eater Island!!!
Isla de Pascaua is the correct answer. Officially. Although the real name was stolen (Rapanui). Rapanui was a distinct language and culture just like Hawaiian was at one time.

Yes, the Dutch discovered this island on Easter morning which is why most of us westerners call it Easter Island. Poor excuse.

Anyway, you have won 10,000 points. CONGRATULATIONS!!

I see you are also from Dallas. Yay for our side.

I do know the vantage point I am standing on is heavily photographed. Is that how you knew? I bet if I would had used some of the other pictures of myself like the one below, everybody would have known instantly.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!!
Oh wow - you are in Farmers Branch, pretty close to me!! I am in Highland Park...
Well, how did I know?? I have a crystal Ball!

I recognized the picture... and....... I knew that was one of the places you had been... So....... Voila!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Isla Guadalupe...
That would have been amazing if correct because the population of Isla Guadalupe is 15. Yes, no misprint, 15. Makes me want to go there. But while on Isla de Pascua I met a man from the UK that was waiting for a steamer to take him to Pitcairn Island. Population 56 the last I looked. You may remember from your history that everybody that lives on Pitcairn Islands are descendents of the H.M.S. Bounty. That was his life's dream. I have no idea of what he did when he got there and waited months for the next ship to come by.

But perhaps I need to look into going to Isla Guadalupe.
After all, it is there...