Mutual Grooming

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering if anyone else's cat does this. There are lots of things that make Miss Kitty special but one of them is that if you scratch her bum she'll groom you. The same way my horse does, she just nibbles at your leg/arm/carpet whatever she can get her teeth into - it's very strange!!

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This isn't the exact same, but whenever I pet/scratch/brush Mia, she violently licks me. Like to the point where my skin feels raw. I think with her it's kinda a nervous thing, like she enjoys the attention so much that she just doesn't know what to do with herself. Haha, I had a horse that would suck on my arm if I were scratching a certain spot on his neck with the opposite arm. He was a total weirdo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No that's what M.K. does! She'll lick and lick and then nibble (like she's trying to get a flea out). I guess there are two weridos out there then!

She'll also thump her leg like a dog if you get a certain spot on her shoulder.

What a goof!

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

No that's what M.K. does! She'll lick and lick and then nibble (like she's trying to get a flea out). I guess there are two weridos out there then!

She'll also thump her leg like a dog if you get a certain spot on her shoulder.

What a goof!
haha- Taylor does that! If you scratch her behind her ear, she'll "scratch" the air with her back leg. I call it the old lady scratch

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive got another "thumper" when she is getting an ear scritch, though the only time she ever grooms me is if I have cheese doodle dust on my fingers.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Polly at my mom's house starts licking herself if you scratch her near her tail. Like her paws, and then reaching around kind of behind her head/neck... It's really funny. I've yet to see Genever do that yet, but Polly didn't start doing that til she got older so maybe it's an older cat thing? Who knows. Makes me laugh anyway!

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ally starts grooming my hand and arm if I pet her for extended periods of time.

After I've give Ollie a long rub/scratch/petting session, he likes to figure out a way to jump onto my shoulders and groom my head. Sometimes I let him.