Squee won't stop climbing the curtains

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't think any of our cats would ever do this.
Squee has developed a fascination with climbing and danging from the living room curtains. I honestly have no idea how to make her stop - the blinds are raised so she can look out those windows, but I guess she'd rather do some climbing and watching.
I don't think she's bored, either, because I was just playing with her and then surprise! Danging from the curtains once again...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember the first time I saw our little Flowerbelle comfortably lying on top of the curtain rod. I about had a heart attack.

If you want to discourage it, I think that spraying them with a citrus scented air freshener or fabric thingy once or twice a day has worked for some people.

Laurie

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have a tall cat condo by that window? Give her an alternative to the curtain or she might continue to do this. I justify the cost this way: how many curtains do they have to ruin before you would have paid for the condo? You can replace curtains over and over, or buy the condo. Just my twisted logic.....

At least you don't sound terrible mad at her!!
Cats will be cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Do you have a tall cat condo by that window? Give her an alternative to the curtain or she might continue to do this. I justify the cost this way: how many curtains do they have to ruin before you would have paid for the condo? You can replace curtains over and over, or buy the condo. Just my twisted logic.....

At least you don't sound terrible mad at her!!
Cats will be cats!
No, we have a small table in front of the window (picture window facing the yard). Maybe we'll have to invest in something else...