TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Anyone have an animal related tattoo?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone have an animal related tattoo? - Page 2

post #31 of 52
I have two tattoos, but no pics of either of them. My first one is a black scorpion (my starsign) on my shoulder - I Wanted one with red eyes, but wasn't brave enough to have one big enough for it!! The second is a paw print close to my heart, done in memory of Ginger, but will encompass all my bridge babes, as I am into double figures with them, so can't have one for each.
post #32 of 52
I have an animal tattoo. It is very meaningful. First of all my mom had it designed, based on a native american design, which is a big part of our heritage in canada. My mom actually has the exact same tattoo as well.

It's a Canadian goose, which again, is a big part of the Canadian Heritage, and the Canadian goose flies away each winter to go south but then flies back to Canada for the summer. So it's symbolic of flying away, but always coming home.

It's on my lower back, left side. I wanted it somewhere I could cover it up under a wedding dress or in a proffessional setting, I'm kinda traditional like that.

Without further ado......
post #33 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmunsie View Post
I have an animal tattoo. It is very meaningful. First of all my mom had it designed, based on a native american design, which is a big part of our heritage in canada. My mom actually has the exact same tattoo as well.

It's a Canadian goose, which again, is a big part of the Canadian Heritage, and the Canadian goose flies away each winter to go south but then flies back to Canada for the summer. So it's symbolic of flying away, but always coming home.

It's on my lower back, left side. I wanted it somewhere I could cover it up under a wedding dress or in a proffessional setting, I'm kinda traditional like that.

Without further ado......
Aww, that's really cool.
post #34 of 52
I have only one tattoo, and it's of the Dark-Hunter symbol from my favorite book series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It's on my lower back, because at the time I wanted to be able to hide it from my strict parents but still show it off at school and stuff.





To be honest, I wish I would've been wiser in choosing something that would be on my body for the rest of my life. The series is going in a weird direction now.

I wish I would've thought of an animal tattoo... for sure I would've got Bella's name or her face or paw or SOMETHING commemorating her; I probably still will. She's the love of my life, so I need to. Maybe a tattoo artist could fill it in to form a black kitty, I don't know.
post #35 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldSongbird View Post
I wish I would've thought of an animal tattoo... for sure I would've got Bella's name or her face or paw or SOMETHING commemorating her; I probably still will. She's the love of my life, so I need to. Maybe a tattoo artist could fill it in to form a black kitty, I don't know.
If you find a good artist it's amazing what they can do in the way of a cover up.
post #36 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldSongbird View Post
It's on my lower back, because at the time I wanted to be able to hide it from my strict parents but still show it off at school and stuff.
It's the reverse in my family... my parents are the ones with tattoos. I have none.
post #37 of 52
here's mine:

post #38 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
here's mine:

I LOVE that!
post #39 of 52
My only tattoo is a pair of dragons on my upper back. You can't really tell from the picture but its about 9.5" high and completed in one 3 hour sitting. I have plans to get a set of cat eyes done once I figure out where I want them.

Here are my dragons:
post #40 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy0109 View Post
Chris, I love all your fairies! I've been thinking about getting a fairy on my hip. Something like this...

Gotta love Amy Brown's works eh When I saw her book at my tattooists shop, it was an instant pull. The blue fairy on the back of my calf was the one that drew me in... something just pulled me towards it.

I absolutely adore her style, although I'm not fond of her male fairies.

Currently I have 5 of her fairies, and will more than likely get more. I'm trying to see if I can incorparate some of her smaller ones onto my backpiece. I'm still undecided as to whether to just stick with background work (ex. trees, sky, sun/moon, little dragonflies, etc) OR a couple more small fairies flying + background work OR have a huge Green Man (for those that don't know about the green man: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man and a pic of what I would consider doing: http://www.siren.org.uk/images/greenman.jpg ) with some waterfalls underneath him as the fairy and horse are standing in a pond.

I need to get my arse in gear and play with PS to figure out what I like.
post #41 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
here's mine:


I adore that!!! Extremely precious, what a great idea!!!
post #42 of 52
im getting mine soon i have 3 in mind i want cats eyes on my lower spine and my friend drew my tattoo's

my wrist i want this



then i have to choose between



this one being my fav




or poss a full back tattoo


.
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscatlady View Post
I LOVE that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldSongbird View Post
I adore that!!! Extremely precious, what a great idea!!!
thanks, guys! i've wanted a cat for a long time, but never saw a pose i liked. this one my friend found on the web. then i took pix of all of my [then current] cats w/me & the artist said Pixel's markings would be the easiest to replicate. i wanted some more color, tho - i was thinking perhaps flowers, etc. & he suggested a book. since my favorite things are books & cats, & my favorite colors are royal blue & hot pink, he put lots of blue highlights & made the book pink.
it's above my right ankle.
post #44 of 52
I have an idea of a tattoo i want... My vision is not a big one, with either Berlioz or Toulouse from the aristocats movie. And then a My Little Pony not to sure what color or design. When i told this to my friend she laughed at me and said if i got a cat one she would never talk to me....Why do people hate cats so much?? And she was serious...
Beriloz


Toulouse whom i really want (he is the orange one but i cant find a good pic of him)


post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBugBear07 View Post
I have an idea of a tattoo i want... My vision is not a big one, with either Berlioz or Toulouse from the aristocats movie. And then a My Little Pony not to sure what color or design. When i told this to my friend she laughed at me and said if i got a cat one she would never talk to me....Why do people hate cats so much?? And she was serious...
I've seen a few my little pony tattoos. I think they are really cute
post #46 of 52
I have 3 paw prints on the top of my foot
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
here's mine:
Aww I love it, Laureen!
post #48 of 52
I have a tattoo of a cat! Actually it is a Black Panther but it is still a cat.
post #49 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks View Post
I have 3 paw prints on the top of my foot
Pawprints on the foot! I love it! I may steal your idea. I wish Jon would just be okay with me getting a tattoo though. I don't know what the big damn deal is.
post #50 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
I have a tattoo of a cat! Actually it is a Black Panther but it is still a cat.


Looooove black panthers. Bella reminds me of one sometimes, a mini black panther. Have you seen the Ed Hardy black panthers? I wouldn't mind having one of those on the inside of my wrist or something.
post #51 of 52
No, but I have several animal-caused scars!!! (A dog tore off my upper lip, bit into my nose in several places; years before, one of my cats freaked out when a male cat got on the window sill outside; I was sleeping on my stomach in bed under the window. She freaked at the other cat, fell down, and started attacking my left arm. I've a had a 3", deep scar since. I should've had stitches, but hey, it WAS 2:30 AM! I wasn't going anywhere, if I didn't have to! I just put iodine on it, and a band-aid, and went back to sleep.)

If I ever got a tat, I would like a beautiful, realistic cat, twined around some part of my body.
post #52 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats View Post
Aww I love it, Laureen!
thanks! i had originally wanted one of Mouse - but Pixel is her littermate, so it reminds me of Mouse, anyway.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Anyone have an animal related tattoo?