Finally have a cat who will eat a pate higher end wet

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
no real point here, just wanted to share LOL

My latest addition, likes pate/loaf style food so i decided to see if this "love" went to better quality wets as well, got a tin of wellness instead of the friskies the breeder used.

and wow, clean plate... holy cow... my others won't touch anything other than chopped, diced, slice gravy type foods.. so it's fancy feast, friskies for wet

now if only i could get the kibble sorted, he only wants to eat the adult stuff

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay for pate eaters! I'm lucky that my boys aren't picky about pate...they currently eat Wellness (at least until I finish my supplies of the big cans) and Natural Balance Duck and Green Pea. I'll probably stick with the NB when I run out of Wellness, since the boys are finally having solid poops on the dry NB.

My friend's female cats, who also live with me, are gravy-only eaters. They love the Nutro pouches, but I've also gotten them to eat the Wellness pouches, some Friskies (I'm hoping to stick with the Special Diet ones, since one of them has a history of struvite crystals) and the new Meow Mix Wholesome Goodness wet (http://www.meowmix.com/Wholesome/wet/chicken_tuna.htm).

I wish the girls would eat pate, but they end up giving me the nastiest looks when I offer it to them. At least they'll eat some form of wet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

Friskies (I'm hoping to stick with the Special Diet ones, since one of them has a history of struvite crystals) and the new Meow Mix Wholesome Goodness wet (http://www.meowmix.com/Wholesome/wet/chicken_tuna.htm).

Those are different. not seen them in this country, we do have the selects which they sorta picked at...

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they are new--they are running a promotion where they come in 2-for-the-price-of-1 packs. I haven't used the Market Selects since I'm trying to avoid fish.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my only caution with the wholesome goodness is the use of artificial flavors

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I figure it seems a little better than the Friskies, and all will be used in rotation with the Nutro and Wellness pouches, and with the Fancy Feast cans. None are ideal foods in my mind, but the girls won't touch the pates I would prefer to feed them, and some wet is better than no wet for the one with a history of crystals/UTIs.