I think Bugsy is missing his bottom teeth!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How can that be possible in a 21 month old cat??
I think he is missing all his bottom teeth! I can't really check it, as it is impossible to open his mouth - the boy is STRONG!!! But when he is eating or yawning, I can not see any of his front teeth... I know he had his teeth cleaned in August, but it doesn't say anything about extractions... He does have his fangs, both top and bottom.
Anybody here with young cats missing teeth? What are the possible causes for this?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some are born that way... Some loose them to fights or abuse.... some genetically have teeth issues...

Has a vet seen him yet>>??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Some are born that way... Some loose them to fights or abuse.... some genetically have teeth issues...

Has a vet seen him yet>>??
I took him to the vet briefly today for a deworming, but didn't have a full exam... I am taking him in after the 1st.

I asked the rescue lady, and she said she didn't notice... and that the breeder didn't mention anything to her. She thinks she would have... I can't see any teeth though.

He is extremely strong, and there is no way for me to properly check it...

As far as the abuse goes.... The rescuer said he came from the breeder bold so badly the flea infestation was...
I asked her if this was a backyard breeder, but she said no, she is actually a reputable breeder in texas. I don't get it though... So neglect is definitely a possibility...

Poor kitty - he is a lemon

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen young 1-2 year old cats who have (from all appearances) been well cared for surrendered to the humane society without their front teeth (the smaller ones - they still had their "fangs").

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please PM me...I think I know where he may have come from..... I'm in Texas.

Cally

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I've never seen one so young without them! With my older boy, Fatty, he's had a few fall out, but that's only been in the past few years.

Haha, I remember one was so pointy (he nibbles to wake me up in the morning), we called it ol' Chomper!

After taking him to the vet to get it checked out and removed, he said it's common for ginger cats to have bad teeth. I'm not sure if this is true.
However, this year, he has to go in for a full dental, as his teeth are very bad.

And BTW, your kits are GORGEOUS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked his mouth - as smooth as a 95 year old lady's! No front bottom teeth - just the fangs... I hope there isn't a bigger problem with him

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
no worries...some cats are just born this way. one of my kitties is 3 and has only 2 small teeth in the top and 2 in the bottom. he lost the others along the way.