TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Oddest/Embarrasing Thing your cats has/does play with!?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oddest/Embarrasing Thing your cats has/does play with!?

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
I got home the other day to find a drawer of my dressing table on the floor upside down, the contents scattered around Caspian. My hair rollers about £20 worth of my rollers! And guess what his majesty had done to them, he had taken the foam out of each one and chewed them a bit and left them for the next one. Well isn't that a grand way to spend an afternoon!! Then theres the story of the time he helped himself to a box of tampons he had opened and seperated each one and rolled them all around my bedroom. Goodness knows what my friend thought when she came over and walked in Well, I suppose boys will be boys. Has your cat ever played with anything he/she "shouldn't have" or was embarasing? Oh and I forgot to mention the classic toilet roll all over the living room with a look that says, "Whats wrong? You don't even like eating toilet paper?"
post #2 of 23
HA Ha!!!! That' so funny!! One of the oddest things that Daisy does is that she has a thing about my Ventolin inhaler, i have to keep it stored in a very high place or she tries to lick inside??!! And Taitha,well, shes just STEALS everything i own but her oddest thing is strawberry bubble bath.After an incident last week,where she was running away from her sister and ended up in the bath with me!!, she is taking the bubble bath tube out of the bathroom,carries it in her mouth and puts it in her bed??!!
post #3 of 23
I don't know what it is about cats and tampons, but Tink (RIP) used to LOVE them and would open up the cabnet they were in and tear apart the cardbord box to play with them. Well when Belle showed up I guess she wanted to one up Tink and would get them out of the trash can One time she was nice enough to drop one (out of the trash) on my ex's lap. I wanted to die.

Flower has thing thing for feathers and Eric and I used to have a "feather duster" of sorts. One night he had some friends over from work and Flower comes out with the.... "feather duster" in her mouth prancing arround with it like it was her prod kill. I was thinking maybe I can get it before anyone sees what it is...WRONG!!! I tried to grab it from her and she hissed and growled at me and made a big secen. So naturally eveyone noticed what excatly she had. I was SOOO embarssed!! He is not at that job anymore. So I never have to see those poeple again (thank goodness)
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emy4cats View Post
I don't know what it is about cats and tampons, but Tink (RIP) used to LOVE them and would open up the cabnet they were in and tear apart the cardbord box to play with them. Well when Belle showed up I guess she wanted to one up Tink and would get them out of the trash can


Quote:
Flower has thing thing for feathers and Eric and I used to have a "feather duster" of sorts. One night he had some friends over from work and Flower comes out with the.... "feather duster" in her mouth prancing arround with it like it was her prod kill. I was thinking maybe I can get it before anyone sees what it is...WRONG!!! I tried to grab it from her and she hissed and growled at me and made a big secen. So naturally eveyone noticed what excatly she had. I was SOOO embarssed!! He is not at that job anymore. So I never have to see those poeple again (thank goodness)


Why do we bother to spend all that money on cat toys, when tampons are much cheaper, and apparently more fun, anyway?!

I'm sick - I know.
post #5 of 23
Oh boy, Ricky Bobby loves to play with things that aren't "his", but as we all know cats could care less who the object rightfully belongs to. About 2 weeks ago I had noticed that the closet in the bathroom was slightly open, so I looked in there to make sure he hadn't got into anything. Well I noticed that my diva cup AND Instead cup were missing(menstrual cups). I freaked! lol I looked everywhere but could not find them. A few hours later I was folding clothes in my bedroom and I heard DH ask "Baby, what is this the cat is playing with?".... At least they were found, right?
post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by LayItDown View Post
Oh boy, Ricky Bobby loves to play with things that aren't "his", but as we all know cats could care less who the object rightfully belongs to. About 2 weeks ago I had noticed that the closet in the bathroom was slightly open, so I looked in there to make sure he hadn't got into anything. Well I noticed that my diva cup AND Instead cup were missing(menstrual cups). I freaked! lol I looked everywhere but could not find them. A few hours later I was folding clothes in my bedroom and I heard DH ask "Baby, what is this the cat is playing with?".... At least they were found, right?
I bet you were embarrassed. Cats down care. I think they are entertained by the things we least expect.
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Arn't I just glad, Caspian isn't the only cat in the world with a love for ladies hygeine products! LOL!
post #8 of 23
nobody gets close to my kitty.... but I am not explaining why
post #9 of 23
I can see it now. Secret Santa's this year, everyone will get a box of Tampax for the kitties

Luckily, my kitty has never done anything embarassing.....yet

My kids on the other hands, thoroughly enjoyed running around with mysterious items from the bedside table drawer.

I don't know that this is embarassing, but it was funny.

I fostered a pregnant kitty once. Kitties were born, I had one daughter at the time who was around 12-14 mos old. The kittens LOVED the nipples off the bottles, and sothers.

I lived in the upstairs of a house, and I will bet, the people below me could hear me yell: "Give me back my nipple you lil boogers".

Yup, they succeeded in destroying ever nipple and every sother. ( a good note, it helped weaned my daughter off of them
post #10 of 23
A couple of years ago my husband had a friend and his wife over for dinner. The mans wife HATES cats. I literally at one time heard her say that "all cat's should be dead". Needless to say, she is definitely not one of my favorite people to be around.

Anyway, when they were over at our house she used the restroom. A few hours later my little boy cat brought back to her the little "red cotton mouse" she left in the trashcan and placed it at her feet. You cannot imagine her horror. They left shortly after that and she hasn't been back.

I'm sure it confirms in her head why cats are vile animals, but I have to say that my little fur-man got some extra Chicken & Duck canned treat that night and makes me know that our fur-babies are a lot smarter than we give them credit sometimes. ....especially since he's never done that before or again with anyone.
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioCat View Post
A couple of years ago my husband had a friend and his wife over for dinner. The mans wife HATES cats. I literally at one time heard her say that "all cat's should be dead". Needless to say, she is definitely not one of my favorite people to be around.

Anyway, when they were over at our house she used the restroom. A few hours later my little boy cat brought back to her the little "red cotton mouse" she left in the trashcan and placed it at her feet. You cannot imagine her horror. They left shortly after that and she hasn't been back.

I'm sure it confirms in her head why cats are vile animals, but I have to say that my little fur-man got some extra Chicken & Duck canned treat that night and makes me know that our fur-babies are a lot smarter than we give them credit sometimes. ....especially since he's never done that before or again with anyone.
How un-believably-hysterical is that?

And, Carolinalima, you can't get away with that, you know. *evil grin* I'm totally dying to hear what your kitty did. Come on, we're all friends here!
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy View Post
How un-believably-hysterical is that?

And, Carolinalima, you can't get away with that, you know. *evil grin* I'm totally dying to hear what your kitty did. Come on, we're all friends here!
hehehe
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy View Post
And, Carolinalima, you can't get away with that, you know. *evil grin* I'm totally dying to hear what your kitty did. Come on, we're all friends here!
post #14 of 23
mine and hubbies glasses are the cats favourite things to play with... silly girls dont realise we need them to see lol
post #15 of 23
Dusty will steal my bendy straws from my drink. I will go to take a drink and my straw will be gone. I will look down and she will be playing with it. So will steal them so her sister can play with them too! I have 2 or 3 laying around the house right now!
post #16 of 23
I have a great one. Now, this wasn't my cat but it's still worth telling. My friend has a big orange tabby boy named Rufus. Well, my friend was also single at the time and had a "grown up" toy that he kept in the closet. It was a jelly rubber tube if you know what I mean. (If not and you really want to know, PM me). Well, he had some friends over who had a small child. A little boy of about 5. Sure enough, Rufus decideds that NOW is the perfect time to play with daddy's grown up toy and bats it out into the living room. The little boy looks down and says "D, what's that". His mom kind of freaked out and D just said "Oh, that's a ..... cat toy!" and quickly grabbed it and tossed it back into his room. I'm pretty sure he threw it out after that but I'm not sure who was more embarassed, my friend, or the boy's mom.
post #17 of 23
Nova likes to lay on my dirty clothes. Sometimes, she digs out my undergarments from the dirty clothes and nests on them.
post #18 of 23
Dakota loved to dive in our laundry bin, and his favorite items were undies and socks. The laundry bin was upstairs where our dogs weren't allowed. Every now and then we would find something from the laundry downstairs.

One day DH found our dogs playing tug of war with a pair of my undies in the yard. Yup, Dakota dug it out of the laundry bin, dragged it downstairs, where the dogs found it and smuggled it outside as contraband. Good thing I lived in the country and nobody saw them.
post #19 of 23
It's been awhile, but Moose has gotten hold of a bra, and run around the house with it.
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioCat View Post
A couple of years ago my husband had a friend and his wife over for dinner. The mans wife HATES cats. I literally at one time heard her say that "all cat's should be dead". Needless to say, she is definitely not one of my favorite people to be around.

Anyway, when they were over at our house she used the restroom. A few hours later my little boy cat brought back to her the little "red cotton mouse" she left in the trashcan and placed it at her feet. You cannot imagine her horror. They left shortly after that and she hasn't been back.

I'm sure it confirms in her head why cats are vile animals, but I have to say that my little fur-man got some extra Chicken & Duck canned treat that night and makes me know that our fur-babies are a lot smarter than we give them credit sometimes. ....especially since he's never done that before or again with anyone.


If you ask me, that's one smart kitty!

Serves her right, for hating cats!
post #21 of 23
Bast carried a pair of my underware out in the living room while company was there. It wasn't just any pair it was a sexy pair of thongs!!!!
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post


If you ask me, that's one smart kitty!

Serves her right, for hating cats!
I've always noticed that the cats take "special" interest in the people that don't like them. My little fur-man brings me toys and such when he wants to play and I'm sure he was just trying to get her attention since she was ignoring him.
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by twstychik View Post
I have a great one. Now, this wasn't my cat but it's still worth telling. My friend has a big orange tabby boy named Rufus. Well, my friend was also single at the time and had a "grown up" toy that he kept in the closet. It was a jelly rubber tube if you know what I mean. (If not and you really want to know, PM me). Well, he had some friends over who had a small child. A little boy of about 5. Sure enough, Rufus decideds that NOW is the perfect time to play with daddy's grown up toy and bats it out into the living room. The little boy looks down and says "D, what's that". His mom kind of freaked out and D just said "Oh, that's a ..... cat toy!" and quickly grabbed it and tossed it back into his room. I'm pretty sure he threw it out after that but I'm not sure who was more embarassed, my friend, or the boy's mom.
OMG!!!! OMG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioCat View Post
A couple of years ago my husband had a friend and his wife over for dinner. The mans wife HATES cats. I literally at one time heard her say that "all cat's should be dead". Needless to say, she is definitely not one of my favorite people to be around.

Anyway, when they were over at our house she used the restroom. A few hours later my little boy cat brought back to her the little "red cotton mouse" she left in the trashcan and placed it at her feet. You cannot imagine her horror. They left shortly after that and she hasn't been back.

I'm sure it confirms in her head why cats are vile animals, but I have to say that my little fur-man got some extra Chicken & Duck canned treat that night and makes me know that our fur-babies are a lot smarter than we give them credit sometimes. ....especially since he's never done that before or again with anyone.
LOL!!!!!!! These are toooo funny!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Oddest/Embarrasing Thing your cats has/does play with!?