or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › I need a specific catnip filled mouse, Help? (longshot)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need a specific catnip filled mouse, Help? (longshot)

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Hello!

My wife and I are the lucky housemates of Jack Bombay, and his sister Leenya, they're total buds, Jack is 11 and Leenya is 6. Jack is an Expert, fwiw, and Leenya is a highly ranked professional, here is a pic of them, Jack is the black one,



And another,



A couple of week ago Jack was diagnosed with renal failure :-( We found out about it before he "crashed" but his blood numbers were pretty bad, a couple days of IV fluid therapy helped out a lot though and hes back at home doing pretty good now. Here is a recent pic of him working hard,



Oh, for those that didn't know, Jack used to be a stuntman when he was younger, he climbed down from the top of the pole backwards



After a few years in the stuntman business he was ready for a change and became a secret agent whose job is comprised almost entirely of "bring mice inside the house, disassemble them, go look for more"

So, what does all this have to do with a catnip filled mouse? Well, Jack is, as far as we can tell, mostly "bombay" in breed, they really take a liking to one toy typically, Jack certainly did, He's had 3 of the same mouse actually, but he treated them all the same, he plays fetch with them quite frequently, and puts the mouse away when he is done playing.

In the morning he'll get off the bed go get his mouse, play fetch for a while, put his mouse back in his food bowl (which is where he keeps it) and then come back and sleep some more.

As most cats are, he is super quick, you can throw the mouse upwards over his head from ground level, from just a few inches infront of him and he'll do a half backflip, catch it with his paws (that's how you can tell he's smarter than a dog ), put it in his mouth, then flip over sideways and land on his feet, here are some action pics,



You can just barely see the mouse in his mouth in this pic as he is coming back down,



And here's a pic of him "palming" his mouse,



Jack and his buddy,



At any rate, the last of these 3 mice has been lost, and they have not been made for ~5 years. I know the chances are slim, but if you guys are like me at all you probably have a basket of cat toys, may of which don't get a whole lot of use, I'm sure somewhere out there there is another "Brown mouse" that Jack would love to take care of.

Here is a pic of what I am looking for, you can see that he has fetched it literally thousands of times



The manufacturer was "Krazy Kat" Or it might have been spelled "Crazy Cat", and they sold mice in 3 packs, all different fabric colors/patterns, the brown one was the only one that was berber though. Needless to say, googling for either of those "crazy cat" terms brings up a lot of hits, but none are specific to what I am looking for.

So, anyone have one of these around that they would like to sell?



Was that too many pics?

PS I can tell this forum rules because you guys have a black cat smilie \t
post #2 of 9
Welcome to TCS! Jack and Leenya are both super cute!!!

Unfortunately I don't have any help for you on looking for that mouse. I've not seen one like that around here that I can recall. I hope you find one to replace it soon.
post #3 of 9
check out Plain Brown Tabby - she has oodles of different sorts of catnip mice.

ETA: found one that's sherpa, but not brown...
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
check out Plain Brown Tabby - she has oodles of different sorts of catnip mice.

ETA: found one that's sherpa, but not brown...
We do have a couple of the "crazy cat" mice left that are not of the brown berber variety, I could transplant on of those tails onto the sherpa mouse, or maybe the church mouse.

But hopefully another brown mouse is out there *fingers crossed*
post #5 of 9
Its not the same but I found this

I hope you can find another brown mouse for him soon!
post #6 of 9
I know which mice you mean! My mom's cat has got one and it did come in a 3pack, the others were a black and white gingham, and a very colorful maybe purple-based plaid. I would offer it to you, but I don't have the heart to steal it from him. Maybe you can buy some brown berber fleece and make some mice.

Welcome to TCS. I'll try to find the mice you're talking about!
OK, I couldn't find the mice, but I found some jackets you could cut up!
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Nova View Post
I know which mice you mean! My mom's cat has got one and it did come in a 3pack, the others were a black and white gingham, and a very colorful maybe purple-based plaid. I would offer it to you, but I don't have the heart to steal it from him. Maybe you can buy some brown berber fleece and make some mice.

Welcome to TCS. I'll try to find the mice you're talking about!
OK, I couldn't find the mice, but I found some jackets you could cut up!
I'm planning on making one at this point, if an "actual one" turns up I sure be happy about it. I need to get to the fabric store and how to get something close in color and texture.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
I'm planning on making one at this point, if an "actual one" turns up I sure be happy about it. I need to get to the fabric store and how to get something close in color and texture.
That is the trick - finding the exact materials that the original brown mice were made from. I make toys, but can't tell exactly what they are made of from your pictures. Fabric stores don't sell a fabric called "berber" per say. It looks more like a short cropped sherpa dyed brown. What is the tail made out of? Looks like it could either be suede, fleece or felt.

I'm out of commission right now with a bad hand, but PM me if you find material and I'll try to help you with construction.
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofmany View Post
That is the trick - finding the exact materials that the original brown mice were made from. I make toys, but can't tell exactly what they are made of from your pictures. Fabric stores don't sell a fabric called "berber" per say. It looks more like a short cropped sherpa dyed brown. What is the tail made out of? Looks like it could either be suede, fleece or felt.

I'm out of commission right now with a bad hand, but PM me if you find material and I'll try to help you with construction.
The material has lots of small loops of brown thread on the outside, so his claws grab it easily, I actually have a couple of the other mice from the same package, but they are regular fabric which his claws don't grab as easily as the brown fabric so he doesn't play with them. Since he doesn't play with them I'm just going to cut the tail and ears off one of them to put on the new brown mouse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › I need a specific catnip filled mouse, Help? (longshot)